DD20 love...or lexicon

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by soulohio, Jul 20, 2006.

1. soulohio

soulohio Member

i am thinking of getting a DD20...any opinions on this pedal? I was sorta thinking of getting a lexicon rack unit and some expression pedals so I could double time the rack unit for my vocals since I also sing, but maybe the dedicated DD20 is the way I should go?

2. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

You can't go wrong with the DD-20. It is an awesome unit, and I've even found uses for the twist function! I also love the way you can dial in tempo by BPM or milliseconds, and the analog and tape delay sims are great.

However, if you really need the added features of the lexicon, it's a no-brainer

3. Tinman

Tinman Member

I've had a DD-20 on my board for about 6 months and I'm very pleased with it. Can't really think of any negatives other than its size.

4. stump

stump Member

+1 on the DD20. Works well with every amp I play it thru.

5. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Very pleased with the DD-20. I've had various Boss, Ibanez, DL4, TTE, EP3, DMM, Echotap, and more as well as a few rack units. Not saying it's necessarily better than any of the above (stil have and love my EP3 & DMM), but for the size/money/sound/flexibility ratio...I dig it mucho. But for your vocal thing a rack unit might be the way to go.
    Greg

6. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

widthwise, about the size of two boss pedals side by side. lengthwise, about 2-3" longer

7. Frankenstrat2

Frankenstrat2 Member

I used an Alex in my rack for a number of years. Finally gave it up for the DD-20 on the floor. Its a really good floor pedal. Not quite in the same league as the Lexicon algorythms (particularly since the Alex did great reverb too) but still-
    I've really been abusing the DD-20 and it seems to be a really robust pedal, besides being easy to program and useful.
    Way better than the Line6 DD modeler, IMO and a smaller footprint and less $$
    Actually I'm surprised that Lexicon never took their technology and applied it to making floor pedals for guitars a la Line6 Core. It would have probably been fairly lucrative.

8. Memphis

Memphis Member

Slightly off-topic, but have any DD20 users tried patching from the right output into the left input, and taken the left output to the amp? Just thought of that as I was packing up today, but didnt have the time to try...

9. gdomeier

gdomeier Supporting Member

hmmm

10. pala

pala Member

I have never tried a DD20, but man, those Lexicon units have very good delays!

PCM41
    PCM42
    PCM70
    MPX1

Pala

11. suhr_rodney

suhr_rodney Supporting Member

Had a DD20 and it was very cool, but I replaced it with a Memory Lane which works better for my tastes. I don't use delay effects extensively, so YMMV. Although I expected to like the preset capabilities of the DD20, I got sick of the round-robin tapping madness. Now I just lean down and twist a knob or two when needed, which works better for me. Just my 2 cents... there are TONS of folks who swear by the DD20.

12. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

DD-20 has a manual mode as well.

13. suhr_rodney

suhr_rodney Supporting Member

Yes, it does. Still the DD20 just didn't do it for me. :(

14. OOG

OOG Member

me too
    i'd love to have the PCM 70's concert hall and circular delays on the floor

the concept sure worked for TC

15. evco