DD20 tape setting vs. Ibanez DE7 echo...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JeffreyC, Dec 26, 2007.

1. JeffreyC

JeffreyC Member

Has anyone A/B'd these? I have a DD20, but I've been considering something else lately without the Boss buffer to try for tape echo sounds.

Watched a youtube video of the Fulltone TTE and was blown away, but man that's a lot of $$$. :eek:

2. El Gallo Negro

El Gallo Negro Member

I own both, and for that tape sound I definitely prefer the DE7. If the DE7 had tap tempo I would just run a pair of them because they sound so good.

3. jzguitar

jzguitar Member

I love my DD20. I run it in a bypass box so the buffer isn't an issue for me. You may want to try that - you can get a basic loop box pretty cheap these days.

4. thiscalltoarms

thiscalltoarms more gadgets than Batman. Gold Supporting Member

i love the DE7 for adding ambience and depth to my guitar lines. infact around 280ms echo on the DE7 has replaced my need for verb. it gives it just the right depth! :AOK

no tap tempo though... but amazing for the price and quality of sound.

5. afterburner

afterburner Member

do the repeats keep going after you turn off the DE7? like that 'trails' feature on the Echo Park...

6. musickbox

musickbox Supporting Member

Yea if the DE7 had a tap tempo, I would buy three of em. My vote goes for DE7. I owned a DD20 for quite sometime. Nova does a better tape than both, but I actually like the DE7.