De-7?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jrm, Jan 5, 2006.

1. jrm

jrm Member

has anyone had experience with the Ibanez DE-7 pedal? It looks like a fun pedal to mess around with a bit. I know its really cheaply priced, but I've never played one and was wondering if anyone here had... any input? Thanks!

2. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I've only heard good things about this baby. Give it a look-see

3. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

I've had two. The first one died in a tragic true bypassing accident. :jo

Great analog sim mode. Will self oscillate with some degree of control. Up to 2.6 seconds of delay time. The digital mode is fine, if you want that sound. There are some early models with hinky footswitches.

4. Madsman

Madsman Member

What is the street price on those pedals?

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Member

they run for like $40-50 on ebay

and $70 brand new

list price according to MF is $115.90

Heard nothing but good comments on this pedal, if I can't get my hands on a DD-2 or used digidelay I'm going after one, the digi has more delay time and tap tempo, but no echo sim, some may find it a bit too digital sounding.

6. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

It's a great little pedal. I alternate between using it, and a Visual Sound H2O chorus/delay-echo pedal. I can't make up my mind which I like best.

It is easy to dial in sounds with (the DE-7). I've had mine for a couple of years now. No problems with it. I haven't owned very many (actually...I think I have only owned the two I mentioned) so take this with a grain of salt...well, except I have built in echo/delay on my RP-7 multi, and on my V-amp2 so a little more experience than I thought :)

Anyway, it has a really nice sound. There are better ones out there (and more expensive) that have more features, like letting you tap in quarter notes...and can do triplet echos, and other more musical ones. Also one thing about both of my stomp echoes is they shut down the echo when you turn the pedal off...I have my eye on the Line6 EchoPark as that lets you choose if you want it to trail off after you turn the pedal off...I really want to do that a lot.

But also to reference, I play blues and I tend to not get into Gilmour-ish or long echo stuff. I tend to set it with the echo set low, and repeat set low. The most I usually use it for are like "Red House" type echo-delay.

In fact, I am reevaluating if I even really need it. BUT, I have had times in a solo where I had the thing set really subtly and turned it on and it was like my guitar got a third dimension, beautiful.

All in all, the pedal is really nice, modest, does its job dependably, and is failry easy to set. One nice feature is the switch that changes the timeframe (slapback-meduim-long echo switch) which means you can set it for say...Red House type, but easily go over to slapback and have a good chance of having it set right there...to go back to the "most used" one without having changed any knobs.

I can definitely recommend it, for whatever that is worth.

7. rorschah

rorschah Member

Any comparison to the Digidelay?

-thi

8. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I tried out the Digidelay in the store once, and was really impressed but didn't have enough time to really check it out.

I did think it sounded nice, and had more options (reverse was pretty cool), but some quirkiness with how you set it that I didn't get into enough to be able to judge.

I think I remember considering it (actually, I may still pick one up) but if I remember right the User Reviews on Harmony Central, I seem to recall had some mention of reliability issues. But I could be wrong, or they could have ironed them out.

It sounded nice for the litte time I played with it.

9. jrm

jrm Member

hmm.. thanks for the informatin guys. Sounds like I should give it a shot... now to just find a used one....