1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Dead Egnater Tweaker 112 combo amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by patentcad, Feb 19, 2012.

1. patentcad

patentcad Member

Dead as a doornail. Won't turn on. Fuse looks good.

Now what? I'm calling Egnater Tuesday. Wondering if it needs a power tube or something that's easy to replace. I figure you amp weenies would have a clue. I've never had this happen in 30 years of owning amps.

2. Rockyrollercat

Rockyrollercat Member

Fuse can look good and be open, try a new one.

3. Squirrel

Squirrel Member

There's a fuse in the power cord recepticle too. Check it.

4. megatonic

megatonic Member

That's Nature telling you that you've owned amps long enough.

5. digiTED

digiTED rock > talk

virtual LOL

does sound like a fuse; but the dead fuse could signal something else, too.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  6. patentcad

patentcad Member

Thanks squirrel and rock roller, good suggestions.

7. patentcad

patentcad Member

There does not appear to be any way to get the recepticle open. No slot to stick a screw driver in there. Brilliant. Maybe you're supposed to levitate it with a Vulcan Mind Meld. Of course there is no manual with this stupid amp.

Good grief some of these companies are idiots.

8. digiTED

digiTED rock > talk

There is a slot on the side of the fuse box IIRC

Here's a link to the manual:

http://www.egnateramps.com/manuals/TweakerIM.pdf

I used a Tweaker 15 as my main amp for home recording and some live rehearsal for 1.5 years without issue. My tech thought their engineering was quite clever actually. I only had it in his shop due to his curiosity regarding their 3-voice tone stack.

Good luck; it's either a minor issue or they will take good care of you.

9. patentcad

patentcad Member

Not that I could find. I got it open, that required virtually destroying the fuse holder. I mean, that's ridiculous. Once I did that I found two fuses. I presumed one was a spare. How would I know? I'm not a guitar tech. One fuse was blown, I put the other one in, it blew immediately when I switched the amplifier on. I couldn't tell you if that means there is something wrong with the amp or if you're supposed to install TWO fuses. Again, I can't read minds, I can't tell you. The manual doesn't explain any of this, we're all supposed to be tech weenies. The most tech **** I ever did with a friggin guitar amp in my life is plug it in and switch it on, and that's all I WANT to do.

Again there is NO slot in my fuse cover. None. Nowhere to stick a screw driver as per the manual (thanks for the link, after I posted here I googled that and found it myself too).

Who thinks it's a good idea to put jack sockets and fuse covers upside down in a 5" space where you can't friggin GET to them???

10. patentcad

patentcad Member

I think this amp is effed. Back to Egnater it goes.

That's the second piece of music gear to take a **** here in the last month, the other was an ISP Decimator noise reduction pedal.