DEAD MINT 1979 Deluxe Reverb - what's it worth

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Denny, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Denny

Denny Member

a friend of min is the original owner purchased 1/5/79. Has all the original paperwork and receipt, all original tubes, etc....

Serial number A773920 Silver Face.

He's considering selling it - What's it worth and is there anyone interested in buying it?

Denny

2. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

I think your looking at $800.-$950. This one should have the pull/boost and not so neat lead dress. Also later silverfaces had ply cabinets and removable velcro grills. Not a bad amp by any means, just not overely collectable.

3. steadygarcia

steadygarcia Member

I just sold my '79 for $1,000. It was in pretty much mint shape too. New tubes in it, but I included the original tubes which still work fine.

4. soldersucker

soldersucker Member

This could come in handy-http://codekinesis.mine.nu:3000/price/list_history-
    i don't nessesarily agree with baseing value on e bay trends but it is what it is.To be fair given the hassle and cost involved in e- baying an amp 25-35% less than these numbers would be closer to the price i would pay.
    and yeah i got my minty 79 in trade for 450.00.It's hiding in the back.[​IMG]

5. mbratch

mbratch Member

I would peg it at $900 to $1100 (CodeKinesis). But how much an amp is worth will vary a lot depending upon several factors besides amp condition: how badly one wants to sell, who's shopping while it's up for sale, how badly the buyer wants it, and how much disposable income they have. :)

6. Denny

Denny Member

super - thanks guys - I'll let him know.

d.