DEAD MINT 1979 Deluxe Reverb - what's it worth

Denny

a friend of min is the original owner purchased 1/5/79. Has all the original paperwork and receipt, all original tubes, etc....

Serial number A773920 Silver Face.

He's considering selling it - What's it worth and is there anyone interested in buying it?

Denny

slider313

Gold Supporting Member
I think your looking at $800.-$950. This one should have the pull/boost and not so neat lead dress. Also later silverfaces had ply cabinets and removable velcro grills. Not a bad amp by any means, just not overely collectable.

steadygarcia

I just sold my '79 for $1,000. It was in pretty much mint shape too. New tubes in it, but I included the original tubes which still work fine.

soldersucker

This could come in handy-http://codekinesis.mine.nu:3000/price/list_history-
i don't nessesarily agree with baseing value on e bay trends but it is what it is.To be fair given the hassle and cost involved in e- baying an amp 25-35% less than these numbers would be closer to the price i would pay.
and yeah i got my minty 79 in trade for 450.00.It's hiding in the back.

mbratch

I would peg it at $900 to $1100 (CodeKinesis). But how much an amp is worth will vary a lot depending upon several factors besides amp condition: how badly one wants to sell, who's shopping while it's up for sale, how badly the buyer wants it, and how much disposable income they have. :)

Trending Topics