1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

DEAD MINT 1979 Deluxe Reverb - what's it worth

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Denny, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Denny

Denny Member

a friend of min is the original owner purchased 1/5/79. Has all the original paperwork and receipt, all original tubes, etc....

Serial number A773920 Silver Face.

He's considering selling it - What's it worth and is there anyone interested in buying it?

Denny

2. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

I think your looking at $800.-$950. This one should have the pull/boost and not so neat lead dress. Also later silverfaces had ply cabinets and removable velcro grills. Not a bad amp by any means, just not overely collectable.

3. steadygarcia

steadygarcia Member

I just sold my '79 for $1,000. It was in pretty much mint shape too. New tubes in it, but I included the original tubes which still work fine.

4. soldersucker

soldersucker Member

This could come in handy-http://codekinesis.mine.nu:3000/price/list_history-
    i don't nessesarily agree with baseing value on e bay trends but it is what it is.To be fair given the hassle and cost involved in e- baying an amp 25-35% less than these numbers would be closer to the price i would pay.
    and yeah i got my minty 79 in trade for 450.00.It's hiding in the back.[​IMG]

5. mbratch

mbratch Member

I would peg it at $900 to $1100 (CodeKinesis). But how much an amp is worth will vary a lot depending upon several factors besides amp condition: how badly one wants to sell, who's shopping while it's up for sale, how badly the buyer wants it, and how much disposable income they have. :)

6. Denny

Denny Member

super - thanks guys - I'll let him know.

d.