1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Dead spot after changing

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by ChrisP, Oct 29, 2005.

1. ChrisP

ChrisP Member

I just changed the strings on a tele of mine and when I played it the next day I noticed a spot (D string 10th fret) where the note is buzzing out.

not after bending...if you finger that fret all you get is buzz...it was *not* there prior to the string change.

the strings are some free George Ls that I got for buying something else. trial pack and all...

this ever happen to anyone else?

I'm going to change the string but i'm curious...thanks

2. ChrisP

ChrisP Member

guage didn't change.

3. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

I've had a 'dead string' from new packs a few times. Try changing them again, bet that's it. Only other possibility is that you inadvertently lowered one side of the bridge a bit during the string change.

4. ChrisP

ChrisP Member

changed the string...dead spot gone.

5. 1964

1964 Member

> "guage didn't change."

Even different types/brands of the same gauge will have different tensions.

6. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

COOL! Love those easy fixes!