• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Death By Audio - Interstellar Overdriver Deluxe

freddy_von

I'm looking at getting an Interstellar Overdriver Deluxe. I love the sound of the Interstellar Overdriver and am wondering if I should go with the standard or deluxe version? I like the idea of having oscillating and trem fuzz options available in the pedal but wonder if those modes are worthy of the extra cash needed for the deluxe version?

Anyone have any experience with this pedal and care to make my decision a bit easier?

jimbugg

Silver Supporting Member
I had one for a while. For my purposes, the Deluxe just had too much going on - I never really used most of the extra features. I you would use them thegovernment for it (DBA stuff is pretty killer in my experience), but first I'd think about whether or not you actually want to use the extra features in a musical context or if you're just enameled by the novelty of some cherries on top. That said, if you've got the cash, why not?

la noise

I have the IO Deluxe on my board right now. Have had a lot of cool OD's (Lovepedal, Menatone, Maxon, Wampler, Analogman) and the IO Deluxe remains. :)

I like quirky pedals with personality and the Deluxe has gobs of personality. It can do the traditional OD tones, too. For me, it ends up being the best of both worlds, because of that. :)

I think there is one in the Emporium right now for $195! :aok

la noise

The ONLY downfall with the trem-fuzz setting on the Deluxe is that the speed is not variable. And if it is, I have no idea how to adjust it. :)

I do like having the access to several different tones in one pedal. I have it set, right now, on the octave up fuzz.

freddy_von

Thanks guys, this is just the sort of feedback I'm after.
I'm thinking I'm going to go with the deluxe, I just like the idea of still having some crazy in an OD pedal.

earwax

Did you ever get this pedal and how did it work out. I am interested in it as well and all the demos suck that I have seen on the YouTube.

Don't Post

yeah, i have a DBA IOD. they cover the basics of the pedal very well imo. what utoob does to the video :dunno .

Trending Topics

Top Bottom