Death Under Rainbows - instrumental feral art rock twang

Furilla

Odd Bird
I have a new instrumental record out called Death Under Rainbows. It's my "menacing psychedelia, feral twang, art rock, middle eastern pop, dessert blues" EP. I think. Anyhow, it's kind of wild, but also very personal. And there is a lot of guitar on it.

Here's one of the tracks:

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://www.soundcloud.com/oceanographic/im-throwing-in-the-towel[/SOUNDCLOUD]

You can listen to and purchase the whole thing here:
Oceanographic Records

I used a number of really great guitars on this project...Koll, Island Instruments, Ronin, Cardinal...if there's some interest I could list it track by track (to the best of my recollection!).

Thanks for your time and attention!

Last edited:

RoninGuitars

I have been listening to this album for the last two days now on repeat and it has significantly healed all my wounds. The album borders on it's own genre of music and doesn't sound like a copy of anything yet pushes all my guilty pleasure buttons. Track 3: "Buck Nasty" is particular tasty.

If you have the means, I would highly suggest picking it up.

Baemer

Gold Supporting Member
Smoking hot! Are you assembling a groop for live shows? I'd bring folks with....

Furilla

Odd Bird
Man! My humblest thanks to you fine people! I really, really appreciate it.

Baemer - I'm thinking hard about how to present...whatever it is...I do?

anyone

Yeah, wonderful!
(I'm streaming it now and will buy it when I get home)
Really enjoying this - Thanks!

skintknuckle

Listening now. Outstanding composition, arrangement, guitar work, recording and artwork. My favorite, so far, is Get in the Ground and Stay There.

Update: I purchased the download. You also did an outstanding job with the album notes and credits. It has been a while since I was satisfied by the album notes an artist puts into their downloadable "cover" art. Definitely worth the $5 to see your notes. Very cool.

Last edited:

Furilla

Odd Bird
Listening now. Outstanding composition, arrangement, guitar work, recording and artwork. My favorite, so far, is Get in the Ground and Stay There.

Update: I purchased the download. You also did an outstanding job with the album notes and credits. It has been a while since I was satisfied by the album notes an artist puts into their downloadable "cover" art. Definitely worth the $5 to see your notes. Very cool.
I'm SO glad to hear this re: the artwork/liner notes. It makes me sad that records in the digital age are reduced to...nothing in term of liner notes, artwork, and information. I grew up poring over booklets from CD cases to read lyrics and credits. So, it's very gratifying that you would say this. Thank you!

Pitar

I have a new instrumental record out called Death Under Rainbows. It's my "menacing psychedelia, feral twang, art rock, middle eastern pop, dessert blues" EP. I think. Anyhow, it's kind of wild, but also very personal. And there is a lot of guitar on it.

Here's one of the tracks:

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://www.soundcloud.com/oceanographic/im-throwing-in-the-towel[/SOUNDCLOUD]

You can listen to and purchase the whole thing here:
Oceanographic Records

I used a number of really great guitars on this project...Koll, Island Instruments, Ronin, Cardinal...if there's some interest I could list it track by track (to the best of my recollection!).

Thanks for your time and attention!
I listened to that all the way through and have no snide remarks, criticisms, or other 59 y/o old fogey crap to lay on you. Nice work!

imircm

Very , Very nicely done.
I enjoyed that very much.
As someone who sees himself moving more and more into an
"electric American Folk-Primitive" sort of direction, I heartily
approve.
Really. Do more.