• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Debate time!! best delay ever and why

Another vote for the Diamond ML2. I had a DMM that was modded by Howard. The thing that sets off the ML2 is the ability to use slap back and another delay with tap.

JMHO,

wundergussy

Silver Supporting Member
For thickening, on all the time: Maxon AD900
For building a song around: Catalinbread Ecorec (beats the original because of the added time)
For space/ambience: DMM (if you can find one without noise)

GearPagent

Playing across the parking lot from a big brick warehouse. It's heavy and tough to adjust, but nothing is more authentic. ; )

S. F. Sorrow

Univox Echo Chamber
70s tape echo unit that used a loop cartridge. Looked like a small 8-Track. The crappy tapes/motor had some incredible modulation (chorus). With a Big Muff it was heavenly.

My favorite two pedal delay's are Maestro EP-3 and the Yamaha UD-stomp as it is 3 rack processors put in to a single pedal. But nothing compares to an Eventide H8000 nothing can do what this machine does and it will be a long time before something more powerful comes out.

atypicals

My vote is for the Roland RE201. It's just a gorgeous sounding and insanely versatile machine. All those multi-tap modes for rhythmic delays, excellent slapback echo all the way to long, ethereal delays, the coolest (and possibly most iconic) oscillation sounds ever, the ability to bypass the echo and run your signal through just the preamp, and on top of all that, a real spring tank for some luscious 'verb. Plus, it's about the coolest looking thing I've ever seen.

As far as BBD/stompbox delays go, DMM all the way.

Clean Channel

I'd have to have a few, using different technologies:

BBD: Yamaha E1010-uses 4 MN3005s for just 300 msec. Pristine!
Pedal format BBD: DMMTT for the flexibility
Digital: TC 2290 (if you've never heard one, you should try before they all die, it is an ear opening sound in stereo).
Pedal Digital: I'll defer this one
Tape: EP3

Good list, I agree!

For pedal BBD I still prefer the Memory Lane 2 over the DMMTT1100, but I agree the versatility of the DMMTT1100 might put it on top for best-ever. They're the two delay pedals on my big board.

I have a Yamaha E1010, and yeah, it's an analog delay like none other!

Abandoned

Tweed Tube Tone Purist
Silver Supporting Member
For me right now it's the Diamond Quantum Leap or ML Jr... Perfect tone, rich tone and perfect functionality.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom