1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Debating selling my SGBB because of GAS

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Heady Jam Fan, May 23, 2011.

1. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Need your advice, I have been using an SGBB for 6 months or so. I a/b'ed it once on a solid state amp and loved it. It adds a harmonic richness and warmth from the tube, as well as buffering the signal and adding a little volume. I have changed my rig up a lot and I am wanting a few other pedals: Alpha Drive, Phase 90 and new Wah. I might sell the Steel Guitar Black Box to fund this gas.

I a/b'ed it again today and, even with my new gear including tube amps, it still makes a noticeable difference, mostly on completely clean tones, but less than on a solid state amp, especially when I matched the volume. It takes up significant real estate on the board and is worth a bit, which is what inspired me to even consider selling it. It sounds great with anything acoustic, but i don't play acoustic as often.

Is the SGBB worth keeping just for my clean tones on electric and when I play my acoustic? I know Brad Sarno is big on any type of pickup seeing a tube directly, but I also could get some sweet pedals if I sell it.