• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Decent Cheap Delay

mspizziri

Well I've gotten rid of all my effects pedals and have decided to just go with two amps. I have a Mesa DC-2 for my crunch and a Vox AC4TV for my clean.

I am looking for something to give the Vox a little extra something in the tone and was thinking a touch of delay or reverb would be nice.
Since I mostly play at home I really don't want to spend a lot of money and want to keep things fairly simple
I plan or running to both amps with an ABY box and leaving the pedal on most of time time. I also won't be gigging with it so it doesn't have to be really durable.

I'm trying to keep things under $50 and have been looking at the following

Danelectro PB&J
Behringer VD400

Both seem to get pretty good reviews but I was curious if anyone had experience with them or could recommend anything else

And just for fun here is some drunk guys doing a demo of the PB&J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4-2MwouVJI

thisday1

get a used Ibanez DE-7 and you're all set. Brilliant pedal.
+1
Just bought one and I was very impressed. Really I just bought it to see what all the fuss was about and now I'm considering keeping it and putting it head to head with a L6 Echo Park to see which delays I prefer.

brian blaut

$45 buys you a used Dan Echo. It's my hands down favorite 'cheap' delay. It has the wonderful tone knob so the repeats can be warm, bright, or in between.

famousbirds

Second (or third, fourth, whatever) on the DE-7.

That being said, I LOVE my VD-400. Great sounding, and way cheap for an analog delay. But - it's super warm, and oscillates above 1:00 on the intensity knob. Great ambient delay, but for pinging repeats, do the DE-7.

shark_bite

I'm a huge fan of the Marshall Echo Head - a lot of delay for the money. Might be able to find one used for that price.

6Tones

The Behringer delays are excellent for the money .
Downfall is the construction but if your dont abuse them your ok.

The VD400 analog delay. Darksounding delay but very pleasing on the ear,excellent .

Last edited:

mspizziri

The Behringer delays are excellent for the money .
Downfall is the construction but if your dont abuse them your ok.

The VD400 analog delay. Darksounding delay but very pleasing on the ear,excellent .

Yeah I was pretty impressed with the clips I heard of the VD400, especially since I can find one new for around $30.

Since I'm just going to be using it around the house cheaper construction really isn't a huge issue

Leftyman

Gold Supporting Member
You might be able to pick up a used Boss DD-3 for that price, maybe. They are great delays. It might be a little beat up but as long as it works who cares.

jrjoe21

Another vote for dod fx96 (run it at 12v) I got mine for 35$...

I also have a danelectro fab echo, I got got 15$. Which is nice if always on, but noisy when shitched on/off... mine is moded with a time pot so maybe that causes the switching noise...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom