Decent electronics parts store in the Denver area?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Pat Healy, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Pat Healy

Pat Healy Member

I'd love to find a local store in the Denver area for electronic components like stompbox enclosures, DIN jacks, and the like. Guitar Center and the big box electronics stores like Best Buy don't have this stuff, and I get tired of waiting for stuff ordered online. Any of you Denverites aware of a good electronic parts outlet here in the area?

2. Steve Lowe

Steve Lowe Member

There's RatShack... but they don't have much inthe way of parts anymore. Have you tried Fistells? http://www.fistells.com/ (man their site sucks) They're at 10th and Bannock, just south of downtown Denver and a couple blocks west of Broadway. Been awhile since i've been there, but they've carried lots of stuff along those lines in the past. There used to be several stores, like Gateway Electronics, Electronic Parts Co, and even the RadioShack.com store that are all gone now.

3. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

You might call the dreaded Lord Valve at NBS Electronics.

4. Pat Healy

Pat Healy Member

You're right, that site is horrible, but it looks like it might be the right kind of place. I'll check it out. Thanks!

5. Pat Healy

Pat Healy Member

This is a new one on me. So what's the story with the dreaded Lord Valve?

6. 1kidc

1kidc Member

Willy (Lord Valve) is considered by many to be "grumpy". After a number of questionable run-ins w/ this gentleman I've gotten to know him better but it does take time.

Speaking of time, he's got a medical issue w/ his leg and I don't think he's doing many repairs currently. It doesn't make him any cheerier either...

That said, he is an amazing amp tech/guru. His list of clients include Clapton & Trucks to name but a few. Great guy if you are looking for tubes in Colorado.

That said, If you are looking for just electronic parts there is a place in Boulder (sorry, the name escapes me) that has a great selection of new and used parts. I've gotten a lot of knobs from them. Somebody on here will chime in I'm sure.

7. 1kidc

1kidc Member

JB Saunders in Boulder was the place I was thinking of.

If you go to see Lord Valve make sure to stop next door to The Music Gear Guys. Gregory the owner is a member here and that place always has something interesting to play. You can check out that blackface twin there that LV worked over. Maybe the best sounding amp I've ever played (and I Hate twins). Just frickin' Magic!

8. Pat Healy

Pat Healy Member

That's great. Thanks all for the suggestions.