Decent OnSong Clone for non-iOS?

MikeMcK

Silver Supporting Member
I've been using OnSong on a very old iPad for a long time & should upgrade. I'd rather not buy an iPad just for this... for the last couple of years I've been using a Fire HD ($150) as a mixer controller and would gladly buy another for lead sheets and lyrics.

Everything I use is either .CHOPRO files or PDFs, so the app would have to handle both of them. The problem is that on the Fire HD App site the only similar apps got pretty poor reviews. So for you guys who aren't using iPads, what works well for you?

P.S. - for all you guys gearing up to say, "just learn the songs", I've had weeks where I played with 4 different acts in a couple of genres. I sub a lot and keeping all that in my head is not gonna happen.

TelePlayr

I've been using OnSong on a very old iPad for a long time & should upgrade. I'd rather not buy an iPad just for this... for the last couple of years I've been using a Fire HD ($150) as a mixer controller and would gladly buy another for lead sheets and lyrics.

Everything I use is either .CHOPRO files or PDFs, so the app would have to handle both of them. The problem is that on the Fire HD App site the only similar apps got pretty poor reviews. So for you guys who aren't using iPads, what works well for you?

P.S. - for all you guys gearing up to say, "just learn the songs", I've had weeks where I played with 4 different acts in a couple of genres. I sub a lot and keeping all that in my head is not gonna happen.
I'm planning to upgrade to a newer iPad for just this reason. I've been using OnSong for years and its been so trouble free and stable that I'm reluctant to move to a program/platform that I have to screw around with incessantly or that crashes on me mid-gig...or even mid rehearsal. My experience with OnSong/iPad has kind of spoiled me...