Decided to give my Peavey SS amp one more try

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by blaster, May 6, 2008.

1. blaster

blaster Member

I got a Peavey Bandit from a friend of mine years ago. I haven't played it for 4 years and its been sitting in my storage closet since. Last night I took the amp out and played it and guess what? It sounded great. OF course its not a tube amp, but it still sounds pretty good.
    [​IMG]

My Fenders are still the top of my list

[​IMG]

2. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Member

I found (it has been a while) a certain tonal boxiness present in that model. That might be good for some gits(?).
    I have a Special 130, that includes a quasi parametric mid control that dials out much of the boxiness, that I generally like to use.

3. rhythmrocker

rhythmrocker 1966 Battle of the Bands Supporting Member

It is a good amp - one of my first ones and I have always regretted selling it as a good, all-around amp. Saw your picture of it - very clean looking!
    Ed at Bisquits and BLues in S.F. bought mine as the club's backup amp. Imagine putting a Jensen Neo in that, or an EVM12-L . . .

4. Echo Are

Echo Are Member

Bandit 65s are among the most celebrated Bandit models. Yeah, yours is really clean. You can still download the Bandit 65 manual from Peavey.com.

5. wildschwein

wildschwein Member

Nice condition. I'd go for one of those.

6. rockon1

rockon1 Member

Someone gave me this beater yesterday. Great "Im not worried about leaving it anywhere " amp! lol! Amazing amount of clean headroom. I think its 130 watts a side! Very loud. I guess its before transtube tech but surprizingly the distortion doesnt sound half bad.
    I think the Bandits sound pretty nice actually. Bob

[​IMG]