Deciphering Ruby Tubes label on EL34's...

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by * velcro-fly *, Sep 18, 2005.

1. * velcro-fly *

* velcro-fly * Supporting Member

On the Ruby Tubes label stuck on their shipped tubes - there's the tube type / PC: / TC: / Nr.

Example - I've got a matched pair pulled out of an Aiken Sabre that reads EL34GCC / PC: 72 / TC: 6500 / Nr. 015 / 124 (each respective tube))

Also a pair in a Mojave Scorpion that reads EL34C / PC:40 / TC: 4600 / Nr. (cant remember these two..)

Both pairs are winged Svets

What do these magic numbers mean ??? also, whats the difference between EL34GCC vs EL34C ? Do the numbers suggest the need for substantial rebiasing if I was to swap out the pair pulled from the Aiken for the pair currently in the Mojave, or am I safe to just plug in and play ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve E

2. tonezoneonline

tonezoneonline Member

These boards are an invaluable source of information but on questions like these,who knows better than the manufacturer?Why not just ask them.Your also assured that there isn't some 16 year old kid answering you that doesn't have a clue.I've never seen this happen on this board but it does on most of them.

3. * velcro-fly *

* velcro-fly * Supporting Member

Uh...the manufacturer wasn't available at 11:00 pm on a Saturday night when I needed the answer :D

Thanks for the insight though.

Steve E

4. RobRoyMcCoy

RobRoyMcCoy Member

I'm guessing here but when I match tubes using a Maxi Matcher it returns Plate Current (which I assume is what PC stands for) and Transconductance in microMhos (which I assume TC stands for). The Nr. looks like number so some sort of specific tube identifier which I do on my tubes as well.

As I say, just a guess.
    Rob :)