Decision time: Orange PCC112 or PCC212 ( 1x12 or 2x12 cab)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by frankg11, Feb 24, 2017.

1. frankg11

frankg11 Member

Team,

I am ready to pull the trigger on a cab for my Orange Tiny Terror. Looking to upgrade to a RockerVerb 50 MK III at some future date, maybe.

So I mainly play at home, out on the deck, with a couple of friends for fun. No real gigging. I do have a Fender SS-22 with a 12" in it that I have had for several years.

With this background, can you all help me understand if a 1x12 or 2x12 for a tiny terror or RockerVerb would be appropriate and what are the relative adavantages of one over the other.

Thank you.

sg~guy likes this.
  2. Seth L

Seth L Silver Supporting Member

2x12 is more useful for gigging, but if you just play at home, it doesn't really matter all that much.

3. jimmyohio75

jimmyohio75 Member

1 x 12- Portable. Sounds somewhat directional. Still very good
    2 x 12- Huge, hard to move around. Big, full sound. Low end thump for days. Expensive.

Get the 1 x 12 for practicality.
    Get the 2 x 12 to impress your friends and install a permanent grin on your face.

4. gbyrnes77

gbyrnes77 Member

That orange 2x12 is pretty awesome. I'd go with that.

5. BBBJay

BBBJay Member

6. frankg11

frankg11 Member

I have also been thinking that I can use the Orange 1x12 as an extension for my Supersonic 22. Both 8 ohms I think.
    Would the reverse work as well? Even though one is an open back?

Too many choices and opportunities here. I will have multiple amps available of course. GASSing out I Gas?

7. Brutus

Brutus Member

Isn't the 1x12 16 ohms?

8. frankg11

frankg11 Member

yeppers!!! Ummm!!!

9. larsbars

larsbars Member

2x12 all the way. It really isn't that huge or heavy, and it sounds like you won't be moving it much anyway.

10. Springfieldscooter

Springfieldscooter Member

Id get 2 separate 1x12 units, and separate them for an even "fuller" sound.

Zezozose likes this.
  11. frankg11

frankg11 Member

Ok. Heading down. The if they have a 2x12. I will bring by it home on a 30 day test. If the have a 1x12 or two Bringboth home. Test rinse and repeat. Should be fun. Will send pics and some test files

I like the twin 1x12 idea!!!

12. lang.murphy

lang.murphy Member

I have a TTHW... run it through a PPC112 with a V30. Sounds great to me. I did own a PPC212 in the past... it sounded phenomenal. But I don't need, nor can I afford (these days) a PPC212. But needing and wanting are two separate things... if I could afford it, heck, I'd get a 4x12... why mess around? ;-)

I've read that the 2x12 may sound "bigger" than 2 1x12 cabs. Can't say from personal experience whether that's true or just a myth...

13. Hefalump

Hefalump Member

The 212 is incredible.....get thet.

14. frankg11

frankg11 Member

SO here is what I brought home today! Thanks for the information. It's alway helpful.

[​IMG]

Tonight and tomorrow I will get comfortable. BTW -- I had the Tiny Terror already from a close out at a Guitar Store. and picked up the 2x12 at 675.00 new sans tax. It's was a Guitar Center floor model. Of Course I bought a bunch of stuff from him before.

Now, I need to stack a rockerverb 100 MK III on it. (Time to swap more gear. LOL)

b80, rsm, Hefalump and 1 other person like this.
  15. BBBJay

BBBJay Member

Congrats on the 212!
    The RV MKIII is fantastic!

16. sg~guy

sg~guy Member

-easy,easy choice, 2x12 by a landslide!! Especially if you wanna step up to a ROCKERVERB MKIII-(awesome amp it will probably be my next amp)-

-things to remember-

-where you are, this is TGP, never! And I mean NEVER!! sacrifice TONE!! for anything!!!

-"oh it's so big and heavy for my tan pants and cardigan sweater to handle at my age sonny boy". this cab is made of balsa wood and has a neo speaker, it easily fits in the back seat of my Prius, and it won't leave a imprint on my new environment safe faux leather polar bear seat cover's"

-its a decision, a life decision,... "IF YOU WANNA PARTY WITH THE BIG DOGS, YA CANT BE PISSIN WITH THE PUPS". MAN's game!!!

-resale? Nobody wants a 1x12, especially if you don't have the original box, hang tags, coa & a pick notarized by an attorney.

-you choose

frankg11 likes this.
  17. loocnmad

loocnmad Member

A Rockerverb on top of a ppc212 is a formidable weapon.

[​IMG]

b80 and frankg11 like this.
  18. loocnmad

loocnmad Member

My wife is mortified by the picture and is watching me type this to explain the walls. My gear room is my daughter's from when she was a toddler and we're testing different colored paint on the walls now that she's moved to the bigger room.

There, are you happy now?

SgtThump and frankg11 like this.
  19. frankg11

frankg11 Member

The room and the amp is awesome. Well done.

20. frankg11

frankg11 Member

So wife gave me the ok for a Rockerverb 100 MKIII. Just need to make sure it doesn't impact the budget, But then again, I overestimated taxed big league this year... :) May have to post my playing for all you soon. :crazyguy

Ilduce and rsm like this.