Decking a Gotoh 510

Gas Hed

I'm going to deck my floating Gotoh 510 and am curious if I should be aware of any pitfall? What would be best path to take:

A.) Pulling the bridge down to the body with more springs?
B.) Screwing the 2 screws it pivots against down to bring the entire bridge flush with the body?
C.) Both A & B?

Thanks for any tips!

Chuckracer

Silver Supporting Member
Try 'A' first and depending on how high the bridge is off the body, that may be all you need.
Otherwise, loosen string tension and lower the pivots, then raise the saddles to get your action back. You may or may not run out of saddle screw length and if you do you can get screws from Amazon.

Ron Kirn

Vendor
place a block of wood between the trem block and the back of the trem rout and a piece of wood, screwed down holding it from being pulled up... that way should ya ever wanna go back, there is no "setup" to go through.. just remove the two pieces, tune and get to rocking.

here's a photo..

r

ND5AQ5O.jpg

TheOtherEric

Silver Supporting Member
If your Gotoh 510 is down low near the body, like .8 to 1.0 mm above the body, then tightening the springs probably won’t ding the body, at least in my experience on a couple guitars. It’ll probably contact the body on a reasonably flat part of the bridge around the trem arm. This is unlike a Floyd Rose, where the 6 claws under the fine tuners will ding the body. Just don’t tighten the springs too much.

ilyslue2

place a block of wood between the trem block and the back of the trem rout and a piece of wood, screwed down holding it from being pulled up... that way should ya ever wanna go back, there is no "setup" to go through.. just remove the two pieces, tune and get to rocking.

here's a photo..

r

ND5AQ5O.jpg
This is what I would do.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom