• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Deep Cuts Off Of Huge Albums

Byknfool

Silver Supporting Member
Mayonnaise is another great one that I like as much as anything on that album.

Wikipedia has separate articles for both Soma and Mayonnaise, suggesting that these are well-loved and aren't the deepest cuts on the album.
All great choices... I’ll raise you a silverf***.

Doomrider78

Every single song off Appetite for Destruction that wasn't a single should be on this list.

Magdalena off of Mer de Noms from A Perfect Circle. The into is simple, but eery in a good way.

Dyer's Eve from Justice

Disposable Heros from Puppets

Right in Two from Tool's 10,000 days and Eulogy from Aenema.
I actually think Dyers Eve is one of Metallica's best songs. The only reason its not bigger is because they can't play it live, or more accurately: Lars can't play it.

I'm with you on A4D: every song feels like a deep cut compared to SCoM and W2tJ. If I never hear those two songs again I'll be happy. I love the rest of it, though.

Wolfgangsta

Silver Supporting Member
Def Leppard - Comin' Under Fire off of Pyromania. Love the intro riff.
Living Colour - Desperate People off of Vivid.
Someone mentioned Disposable Heroes off of Master of Puppets. Probably my favorite Metallica song.
Ozzy - Steal Away is a bit of a deep cut, IMO. One of RR's coolest riffs.
Bryan Adams - Kids Wanna Rock off of Reckless
Scorpions - I'm Leaving You off of Love At First Sting
Tom Petty - Love Is A Long Road off of Full Moon Fever

orourke

Silver Supporting Member
On David Bowie’s Diamond Dogs album there are three tracks on the first side that are really one song Sweet Thing, Candidate, Sweet Thing (Reprise). The lyrics are bizarre and amazing as is the music. It was way too weird to ever be a hit but ends by crashing into Rebel Rebel. Hell of a pay off!

Last edited:

woodyagw

Soundgarden, Down on the Upside - Tighter and tighter, Zero Chance and No Attention
Incubus, Morning View - Mexico

ProfRhino

interesting !
for me, it's usually the other way round - on a huge album I dig most of the tracks, but quite often can't stand the hit single(s) ...
a matter of definition, I guess,
Rhino

shane8

"Going Mobile" off of Who's Next. Pete is not the singer that Roger is, but I love the sound of his voice, so much charisma.
who's next is it!

pretty much everything - obviously baba & wgfa don't count coz they ain't deep enough

bargain

LTE

I always thought "Rocket Queen" off Appetite was one of the strongest songs on it.