• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Deep Cuts Off Of Huge Albums

Night Train, My Michelle and Think About You might be my favorites from Appetite, but the singles are played out for me.

In the Garage on Weezer's debut (blue album)

And Your Bird Can Sing definitely one of my faves off revolver.

Porch off Ten.

The Card Cheat off London Calling (Lost in the Supermarket as well, though among my friends that's usually considered one of the standout tracks).

I'll see your Fresh Tendrils, and raise you a 4th of July.

And as long as we're talking deep cuts from 90s albums, I'll add "Sweet sweet" from Siamese Dream..
"Sweet sweet" qualifies cause deep cuts on Siamese Dreams start after Mayonaise ("Silver****" would get my vote),
but Superunknown has no deep cuts, it's straight A from start to finish

Option

Nobody's Fault off Rocks
Great pick, that’s my favorite song on the record. It has a feel as if it was produced by Mutt Lange in the sense that each section is a more killer hook than the last one, and they just keep building...

madmarcus1960

Baby I'm a Leo - Deep Purple - Machine head
Night Prowler - AC DC -Highway to Hell
Hitch a Ride - Boston - Boston
Misty Mountain Hop - Zep - Runes album
too many others to remember

WordMan

Gold Supporting Member
Not really a good example. The US release of Desolation Boulevard is something of a compilation album, featuring a few songs from the UK album of the same name, plus a couple of songs from the previous UK album, plus a few songs that had been released as singles in the UK.

Note that the UK version of Desolation Boulevard didn't include "Ballroom Blitz" or the hit single version of "Fox on the Run"
Ah! Helpful! I had no idea. I thought The Beatles were the ones whose UK albums got screwed up here! ;)

AC North

Not sure whether it was ever on any album at all, but from the Complete Upsetter Collection of early recordings, outtakes, and demos or whatever, Bob Marley & the Wailers "True Love." One of my all-time favorite songs. It's not posted on youtube but it's on spotify here:

WordMan

Gold Supporting Member
YES, DUDE. You read my mind!!
Yeah, I am loving all the Likes that my post calling out Monkey Man has gotten - such a great song. And his groove! I have posted this in other threads: I love any chance I can to jam with just a drummer. When I do, Monkey Man is the groove that *always* gets them smiling. We can boogie through those changes for 15+ minutes, adding spin-off grooves, coming back to the main one, or the chorus. So damn durable.

Trending Topics