Deep Trawling - new tune and Backing Track

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by journo, Jan 9, 2006.

1. journo

journo Member

Hi,

Those of you fellow gear heads who have listened to a few of my BTs know that once in a while I like to take on a style I don't usually do as I really like the challenge of a new style (the road less traveled). This is one of those times when I threw caution to the wind and just did it.

This BT was done when I was still working my way into Guitar Rig 2 so the bass is my JV series Jazz Bass using the Ampeg amp sim.
    The guitar tracks were done using a few amp sims including the new Lead 800 model. The guitar for all tracks is a Yamaha Pacifica 612v.

Here's the tune:
    Deep Trawling

And here the backing track:
    Deep Trawling Backing Track

Like my latest BT this one was done fairly fast and not intended to be a high quality, long length BT so please accept it as is.

As this is way out of my usual area of competence I'm even more looking foreward to comments. Especially on how I can learn more about this style as I had fun doing it.

Cheers,

Mats N

2. journo

journo Member

Hi,

This makes me curious.
    Usually I get at least a few comments on my efforts here. This, no doubt, means I'm spoilt.

I am wondering, however, what's with this track that merits total silence.
    Am I so totally hopeless that no amout of suggestions, ideas and tips can help me get this style off the ground? Is this style a no-no here at the Gear Page? Maybe this just got overshadowed by other great content?

Please tell!

I promise my next BT will be different. :D

Cheers,

Mats N

3. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Hmm hehe well it is not a style I usually play.
    Have not heard it before a moment ago.
    Maybe it is too heavy for this place?;)

4. mikem

mikem Senior Member

I'll check this out when i get home. @#$#%$ work computer doesn't have a sound card.

Mike

5. Normster

Normster Member

Oh, I'm sure you'll get some feedback when Ant and Ed hear it. :)

You're quite a versatile composer, Mats. This is definately waaay outside what I would normally listen to, but really well done nonetheless.

6. Dave35

Dave35 Member

I guess i missed this one somewhere along the line. Once again you prove your great diversity in music. I personally like it and will make a stab at a cover when time allows.

Great job again, Mats.

7. mikem

mikem Senior Member

Mats, that simply ruled! I loved it! I'm gonna hafta jam over that. I don't think I'll ever grow out of "metal" or whatever it's called these days.

Mike
    :dude

8. journo

journo Member

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.
    This is as you know not my usual style either but I just got the urge to do it. I often get inspired by a certain sound and this was the case here. I'm well aware of the fact that my soloing skills does not extend to this style so I bow my head in humility to the people who can execute this style with finesse.

It will be fun to see what the shredders will do to this one. That is, if there are any on this board. :D

Now sleep, tomorrow work on a new BT.

Cheers,

Mats N

9. L5player

L5player Member

Hey Matts,

That was pretty cool! :BEER I really like it when you give other styles a try. It's a good thing to not only expose yourself to a broad range of music but trying it gives one real appreciation. I thought you did a great job with this! :)

I have been known to try to play to this kind of music but I'm not much of a shredder so I try not to embarass myself! LOL

Jim