Definition of 'suave'

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Sconnie, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

If you looked up the word 'suave' in the figurative dictionary people always talk about, you would see a picture of this:

http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/tl62b_22.html

It might just be the most handsome looking guitar I have ever seen. I have heard good things about fender japan, too bad the americans don't make more double bound teles like this. I have pretty much made up my mind that I will buy myself one of these once I land a good job after I graduate this may!

Anyone care to share their experience with Japanese fenders?

2. Flugel

Flugel Member

Suave means soft.

Nice tele.

3. Che_Guitarra

Che_Guitarra Member

It actually means charming, elegant, sophisticated, sharp, etc. Think Sean Connery era James Bond.

I love it. Great colour combo. It looks like it's wearing a tuxedo. Suave indeed.

4. SW33THAND5

SW33THAND5 Member

certainly looks classy

5. 59Bassman

59Bassman Plank Cranker Silver Supporting Member

Not a fan of the black ones, but I do love me some double bound Teles. I agree they look dressed up.

[​IMG]

6. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

That one looks nice but a 12" radius on a Fender is a little too flat for me.

I, too, love a nice double bound. This is 6lbs, 1oz of fun and tonal bliss.

[​IMG]

7. C-4

C-4 Member

Here for now, Europe when I die. Am I dead yet?
    Gee, when I think of the definition of "suave" Honey Boo-boo and her family come to mind! (face palm)

8. LPBlue

LPBlue Member

Very nice tele, I like it but would it have killed them to remove the protective plastic from it before they took the pics?

J.R.

9. monty

monty Member

Love that Tele. Actually, all that have been posted so far.

10. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

59Bassman: To each their own! Is that a Sea foam green metallic? it looks so sparkly :D

gkoelling: They do make a vintage spec 62 tele, 7.25'' radius and 21 frets and everything else is bassically (Sabbath reference :p ) identical, a bit cheaper too. I'll do my research shopping here and make sure I know which one ill prefer, radius is way more important than an additional fret but I'm a Gibson man at heart so a flatter board doesn't bother me.

LPBlue I totally agree! At least its a real picture of a real guitar and not the **** stock photos like most manufacturers post! (like many others on that site haha)

those other two teles are gorgeous, im glad we are all on the same page. I figured it would be nice to get a little thread going that doesn't make you pull your hair out from arguement.

11. skhan007

skhan007 Supporting Member

Surprised nobody had referenced "Rico Suave."

12. m.e.

m.e. Freelance Bio-exorcist Silver Supporting Member

I've owned four: A '70s Reissue Strat, two Jazzmasters, and a Jaguar. The Strat was dead and lifeless. One of the Jazzmasters was very good (after a few upgrades), and the other one is flat-out amazing (also after a few upgrades) and is my most played guitar. The Jaguar was also amazing. I sold it and I still miss it sometimes.

13. 59Vampire

59Vampire Silver Supporting Member

Lol. Beat me to it.

14. rummy

rummy Member

I don't know if I'd describe my Tele suave. It's quite the opposite of suave. Maybe it's the pickguard?

[​IMG]

15. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

rummy we will have to agree to disagree, if I get the one I posted I would swap the pickguard for a white one. Its a great look and I wouldn't change my word choice! I would say any of the non-traditional shapes, if you will, to be the opposite of suave like an explorer or a V

16. Oldschool59

Oldschool59 Member

Funny, a Tele certainly doesn't fall into my definition of «suave». It's too much of a kick-*ss machine to be called that. But to each his own ;-)

17. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

Sorry guys, that title would go to the gentlemen's tele I helped tune his guitar and show a couple chords yesterday. He brought a guitar in and asked if I could tune it for him as he thinks his tuner didn't work. He had a new tweed case, inside was a 1957 tele in black. Pretty worn, but it was the real deal and oh man did it sound nice and woody, with a beefy, suave V neck.

18. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Man, I'd love to see that one!

19. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

It was special. I gotta say, the Fender CS does a really great job at replicating those. The wear and aging looked very similar. They even manage to capture some of that gravelly, woody vintage tone like that guitar had yesterday. It was cool.

20. rummy

rummy Member

Exactly. It's gnarly, nasty, raunchy, raw, etc...