Deftones

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Jonathan, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Member

I like them. They make me feel chill.

2. M138

M138 100% Fenriz Approved

Big fan. Looking forward to a new album later this year. Read an article on Loudwire where Chino said it should out in September or October.

3. Doom Man

Doom Man Member

As far as studio releases go, one of the most consistent bands for me.
    I love how that while they've always retained a core, identifiable sound, they've also always continued to move forward and try something new every album. Stephen's continued experimentation with different tunings and extended range guitars over time is definitely a big part of it

Absolutely LOVE this vocal performance. It's hardly the most technically astute, but it just sounds so real and in the moment. Within the very first phrase it totally sucks me in.

4. Probos

Probos Gold Supporting Member

5. Bieling3

Bieling3 Member

Always a favorite.

6. mikebat

mikebat Member

Love them to bits. Even the wife likes em,which makes me happy as hell. It's great to here this coming from the bedroom while she gets dressed to go out.

I am not sure I would love her as much if she listened to music I did not respect.

7. mikebat

mikebat Member

I even love listening to Chino's side project, Team Sleep

8. david(j)

david(j) Supporting Member

Koi no yokan was so good. Looking forward to the new one.

9. nosidamde

nosidamde Supporting Member

It all started with White Pony for me before I discovered Adrenaline and Around the Fur. Been a huge fan ever since, saw them live back in the day on a Family Values Tour. Koi No Yokan was incredible and I cannot wait for the new album!

RIP Chi

[​IMG]

10. Probos

Probos Gold Supporting Member

Bump for more Deftones love.

11. Empros

Empros Supporting Member

One of the most consistent bands out there. Constantly changing, but always putting out great, solid music. I love Koi No Yokan, totally new sound, amazing songs. Leathers sounded just as good as their earlier stuff when it first dropped.

I've always appreciated the drummer not using double kick pedals, always bringing solid grooves. The drumming has always put Deftones one step above of the other nu-metal bands for me. Chino is a great vocalist and the rest of the guys are great too. Awesome band!

12. Grainslayer

Grainslayer Member

Always liked deftones....solid band that sounds like no one else..

13. dingdongditch

dingdongditch Member

Fell in love all over again with this one.:bow:bow:bow

14. Custom50

Custom50 Member

BIG fan. They were huge in the 90s when I was growing up. I still think they are a great band and light years beyond the bands that came after them trying to cop their sound. They unfairly got lumped in with nu-metal for a while but they've always had their own thing going on.

15. Noah

Noah Supporting Member

I like the Deftones a lot. The were going to different places with their music than most of the metal oriented bands at the time.

I remember the Deftones caused a riot here in Arizona back in 1996...total mayhem.
    They were really awful for the few songs they played, but press reports said they were completely drunk. They only played a couple songs and I read their manager pulled the plug. Someone had broken into the beer area and released all the kegs into the crowd so tons of underage kids were getting even more waster than usual. The singer from Deftones said some things to the audience to incite the riot and it was total mayhem. People went completely nuts and caused something like 150k worth of damage.

Later that night the singer of Type-0 Negative found the singer of the Deftones at a local bar and punched him in the throat.

16. critter74

critter74 Supporting Member

My band in the 90's played a show with them here at the local Junior College (Modesto. They're from Sacramento as Ya all know). This was about 18 months or so before Adrenaline ever came out. They all had long ass dreads then. Didn't care for them then (still don't like the first album) but like all the later releases.

Nothing really eventful to it. We played. They played. We all went t some after party. I don't think I said more than 3 words to them or they to me.

Anyways.....

17. drabombs

drabombs Member

Big Deftones fan here. Every person in the band kills at what they do. I will say that it took a while for Diamond Eyes to grow on me for some reason but I like it a lot now. And I haven't really listened to Koi No Yokan but I should.

On a side note: I read that one of Chino's vocal chords is paralyzed. How does that even happen? Guy risks his voice to give fans the goods, what a trooper!