• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Deja Vibe question

flimz

Hey everyone,
Just picked up a brand new Deja Vibe MDV-1 (the black one). I really dig it.

It came with its own 18v power supply. They go on and on about how it should only be used with this supply, and not to use switch mode supplies due to noise etc etc.

My question is...have any of you folks with this pedal powered it with a cioks, voodoo pedal power, or any other similar power supplies with an 18v jack, found any issues with noise or anything?? I plan to get a Cioks DC5 to power a very small board. It has an 18v jack option.

Thanks!!

joe scannell

Silver Supporting Member
I have the 9 volt version MDV-1. It sound s better when I run it off its own power supply, compared to my pedal power Iso5. It doesn't sound as strong off of the Iso5.

flimz

Thanks! Have you tried running it at a higher voltage on the Iso5? Do you notice any noise or ticking?

joe scannell

Silver Supporting Member
I don't think I would try that, since it bumps up to 18v internally. No ticking noise or other noise, just not as strong.

Velvert

Bump. Any one doing this.
Hey everyone,
Just picked up a brand new Deja Vibe MDV-1 (the black one). I really dig it.

It came with its own 18v power supply. They go on and on about how it should only be used with this supply, and not to use switch mode supplies due to noise etc etc.

My question is...have any of you folks with this pedal powered it with a cioks, voodoo pedal power, or any other similar power supplies with an 18v jack, found any issues with noise or anything?? I plan to get a Cioks DC5 to power a very small board. It has an 18v jack option.

Thanks!!

gtrguru

I use the 18v out on my MXR power station. Any 18v center negative adapter will work.

Trending Topics