Dejavibe 2 internal trim pot?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bluntage, Jan 27, 2008.

1. bluntage

bluntage Member

I have a newer model Fulltone Dejavibe 2 and was wondering if anyone knows what the internal trimpot actually does. The manual states "there are no user adjustable parts inside" but I'm wondering if it affects the depth. Anyone know?

:confused:

2. bluntage

bluntage Member

Bump for knowledge!

:cool:

3. blue apple

blue apple Member

I had the same question a while back. I was hoping it was a volume adjustment.

After two unanswered emails to Fulltone, I decided to play around with it and unfortunately, it didn't do much... if I remember correctly, it kind of made it break up a little bit (not in a good way).

4. Jam119

Jam119 Member

It adjust the amount of light that hits the cell sensor... Mine is set from the factory at 10 oclock... I increased it and it gives you more throb to the effect... At the end of the day - I put it back to the factory setting...

5. tikalcity

tikalcity Member

I own a mini deja vibe, but mine is an older version with this internal trimmer...I hadn't noticed this feature, nor the manual says anything...

the trimmer should increase the quantity depth/throb (and the light) of the pedal when it is on...definitely more color, but to me DV sound best with this setting almost on full. With the standard setting my pedal just doesn't cut the mix the same way.
    PS: I only have to adjust Volume level, otherwise it's like a HF boost...

6. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

anyone know where the trim pot is on the older deja vibe 2 wit the power cord an speed pedal?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  7. e-flat

e-flat Supporting Member

I've been adjusting mine (in the newest MDV-3 and what I currently own, the new MDV-1) so that the indicator on the trim pot points right at the top of the marked range on the pot's body (marked by fine black Sharpie lines).

I then set the external Intensity pot on the lowish side most of the time, but find that I like the extra depth & body of the Vibe AND Vibrato when set this way, even when using it for subtle effects.

8. kurt1981

kurt1981 Supporting Member

My issue is I can't find the pot on my older dv2, the big model with the AC chrd.