Delay and Midi

dpgreek

Silver Supporting Member
Need a suggestion on a delay pedal that utilizes midi to change between presets. Im not into tap temp control.

Timeline and Timefactor are too much. So please dont recommend.

Only thing Ive seen and Im not aure if it will work with a Disaster Area DPC is the Analogman ARDX20.

Last edited:

thesauce

Timefactors aren't as much en vogue but just as good in my opinion. I've seen them used around 275 or so.

Mr. Limbic

TC alter ego or regular x4 really cool. I use a Timefactor as well as the AEx4 and if u need something simpler w/lots of cool sounds that's the one I would recommend

StepAudio

I've made a pretty complete list of pedals that sync to MIDI Clock on this page which includes a bunch of delays.

Some will sync directly and others can sync using a MIDI Clock to Tap Jack interface.

.:. Bill

bt2513

I think you will find that any delay capable of storing/changing presets via MIDI is also likely to have tap tempo and clock capabilites.

If the timeline is too much $$$, then the Flashback X4 and Echolution would be other options to consider. Have not tried the Echolution but have a regular Flashback and the sounds are quite nice. For the same price as the Timeline, the new Korg SDD-3000 should be on your radar.

dpgreek

Silver Supporting Member
thanks gents. I think the Echolution is looking cool. Will definitely check them out. I just want to be able to control those delay presets from one place.

bt2513

Out of curiosity, are you planning to control other gear via MIDI as well? There are plenty of other delays that offer presets without MIDI...

dpgreek

Silver Supporting Member
Basically, I've got a Disaster Area DPC-5. I also have a Mobius.

I'm figuring out how to route out the Mobius since now I use it's loop to do the pre/post thing. Regardless, I plan on putting my drives and boost in the TB loops of the DPC-5 and wanted to find a delay to use to select it's presets...to create my own.

Ie.... going from a slap back delay with drive 1 & 2.... to using a medium delay with drive 2 & 3 with a switch of a button on DPC-5. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

rck

not many options out there IMO and most have been mentioned: Timefactor/H9, Timeline, Echolution, TC Flashback, AE4, Korg SDD 3000.

The smallest are prob the H9 and Echolution.

-also, have you considered a El Cap, I believe you can access the "favorite" switch using the TRS AC out (black and on top of the TRS Expression-Red) of the DPC-5, effectively giving you two presets on the El Cap you can call up with the DPC-5 and assign to individual presets saved on the DPC-5.

Last edited:

dpgreek

Silver Supporting Member
does the original echolution work with midi?

I haven't thought about the El Cap in that situation. How would that work if I'm already using an expression pedal with Mobius? Do I plug the Mission EP into the Mobius. Or do I have to plug into the DPC? If I can keep it in Mobius... would I be able to use the TRS Expression out of El Cap to go into DPC-5?

rck

does the original echolution work with midi?

I haven't thought about the El Cap in that situation. How would that work if I'm already using an expression pedal with Mobius? Do I plug the Mission EP into the Mobius. Or do I have to plug into the DPC? If I can keep it in Mobius... would I be able to use the TRS Expression out of El Cap to go into DPC-5?
I edited my above post (going by memory earlier and now have the DPC-5 Manual handy), the black TRS AC jack (which is on top of the red TRS Expression jack) is the correct jack to plug in a El Cap to access the favorite preset, so that doesn't tie up the Expression jack of the DPC-5.

Yes, TRS Expression out of the El Cap to the black TRS AC jack of the DPC-5 is the route to control the favorite preset of the El Cap.

rck

and the Echolution is pretty rad. It may be easier to create or already have useable default patches with it than Timeline, Timefactor/H9, etc...