• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Delay before or after amp modeler?

jtw

I'm getting one of the Tech 21 Liverpool pedals this week to use as my main "amp" at my weekly church gig. Was using the Floor POD but it's been acting up and I'm tired of trying to diagnose it...

Anyway, I'm going to be using my standard pedalboard with the Tech 21 and am wondering where to place it in my chain. Logic says at the very end of the chain, right before the DI to FOH. But I have recently seem some posts where folks have said they put delays AFTER the modeler to achieve an effects loop type of sound.

So should I put my delay before or after the Tech 21 modeler? Which would you do? Why?

Thanks for any info!

jtw

puddinstone

Silver Supporting Member
I would go after so it's set up like an effects loop type of thing.

So you are getting your drive/distortion from the modeler then it goes into the delay. This keeps the clarity of the delay's and helps them not get lost/distorted beyond recognition.

redpill

I go delay after amp sim. I like the results better. That said, try both, and let your ears be your guide.

Burgs

I used a Blonde at a couple of gigs on the weekend and it was great. I put all dirt and mod effects before it but delay after it (Subdecay Echobox) and it worked a treat. We ran a DI to front of house after the delay and back to the monitors and it was really good.

I ran the Blonde clean and it reacted to an Eternity E6, Dice Works Fuzz Epic, Tim, Farndurk Burgs compressor, Prometheus and BYOC Chorus the way any decent Twin would. So I'm sold. :) I intend to up a video demo of it later this week.

TheFlash

Man the Blonde is great direct to a PA isn't it? The cleans are very convincing.

I ran a modded sd-1 into it with a ibanez de7 behind it into the PA at church and was loving the tone and feel I was getting! ($40 > $150 > $30...how's that for a super cheap direct rig?)

jtw

awesome, thanks everyone. I think i will try the delay after the Liverpool.

I sure hope the Liverpool sounds as good as the Blonde based on all the comments here!

Trending Topics