Delay - DE7, DL10 or Red Repeater

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DaBlizzardofOz, Jan 9, 2008.

1. DaBlizzardofOz

DaBlizzardofOz Member

Like lots of other people here it seems, I'm looking for a cheap delay pedal just to thicken up my sound. I think I've narrowed it down to the Ibanez DE7, DL10, & the Carl Martin Red Repeat. Of the three, which do you guys recommend?

2. El Gallo Negro

El Gallo Negro Member

3. blood5150

blood5150 Member

I have a DL10.... quite possibly the most analog sounding digital delay pedal ever....

Shhh.... dont tell everyone, then they will all want one and drive up the prices...

4. DaBlizzardofOz

DaBlizzardofOz Member

I'm getting the feeling that those who've tried both seem to like the DL10 better. Does anyone know anything about a 4 knob version of the DL10? I saw something about a DDL10 II & I was curious

5. Todd Lynch

Todd Lynch Member

DL10 is a fantastic sounding digital delay - great, warm tones.

6. Shredcow

Shredcow Member

7. amphead777

amphead777 Member

The Red Repeat is good at any price point. The DE-7 for long delays, but overall tone the RR is hard to beat.

8. Ramblin390

Ramblin390 Member

I had a dl10-excelent sounding pedal, I sold it for a digidelay just for the modulated-looper and reverse settings.

9. mad dog

mad dog Silver Supporting Member

I've played all three. The red repeater has a fine sound; I passed on it because the repeat couldn't be de-emphasized enough for my taste. The DE7 sounds good too, for some reason just didn't grab me. It's described as echo-like, didn't really hear that. Just picked up a DL10 on the bay, and that one is doing it. Beautiful sound, really sounds more analog than digital. In tone it's the equal of much more expensive delays. A winner!