1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Delay/Echo initial sound on the right, echo on the left..

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by padavis, Jun 13, 2008.

1. padavis

padavis Member

Youve probably heard it before right? I wish I could think of a good example... Joe Bonamassa does it a little but it might be due to half a million guitar tracks on his song...

How can I do this with one guitar? Is there an easy way?
    Any insight or ideas would be awesome!

2. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

3. padavis

padavis Member

OH! I didnt think about that... now I gotta figure out if my software has the recording function that records my movements on the sliders..
    thanks man

4. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

Record the track dry. Add the delay while mixing. Pan the dry guitar left. You can either use a stereo delay that is panned right or have a separate delay bus that gets panned right.

Bryan

5. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

That is usually called automation, but you probably won't need that here. Very useful for other things.

6. rob2001

rob2001 Member

Eddies guitar on the first VH album was dry one side and all reverb on the other. Or it may have been a very large room with a distant mic. Very cool as long as both L&R are audible!