Delay for chords/depth

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Fubba, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Fubba

Fubba Member

I sign mainly and play rhythm in the band. I'm building my first REAL pedalboard now, because I did modeling for awhile. I feel like I need a little depth to my sound especially during clean strumming. I have an Ibanez DE-7, but I have the delay set on that for volume swells. Would you guys recommend another analog delay like a Carbon Copy or a digital delay like a DD-5 or DD-7 to use while I strum and play little rhythm licks here and there where they're needed? I don't feel like I need crazy options to do all sorts of stuff but just to add depth to my sound.

2. jazzfromhell

jazzfromhell Member

I'd get the DD7 and use that for swells, and use the DE7 in Echo mode to add a little depth. Why? Because the DE7 never gets in the way of your original signal, unless you really crank the level. Great unobtrusive delay. I've got 4 :)

3. Fubba

Fubba Member

Does the DD-7 have an analog setting? I prefer analog/echo on volume swells personally.

4. jazzfromhell

jazzfromhell Member

Ok, go for the Carbon Copy then instead. Also a great delay.

5. yerbluesrob

yerbluesrob Supporting Member

The DD7 has a great Analog setting. Nice and warm

6. Marrrty

Marrrty Member

The DD7 does have an analog setting. But I personally use the Carbon Copy for just this application. And I have both the DD7 and the CC on my board.