Delay Help!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tterry2, Mar 16, 2015.

1. tterry2

tterry2 Member

I just got my brand new Savage Macht this weekend and it is absolutely amazing!!!. When I run my clean tone the Eventide Timefactor and Empress Tape Delay really shine but when I kick on any type of OD with either the Timefactor or Empress Tape Delay the repeats get way to distorted and sound really muddy. I have turned down the mix considerably but it only helps ever so slightly.

The amp does not have an effects loop otherwise I would run it through that......any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. bluflames

bluflames Member

Do you run the delay in front of or behind the OD?

3. tterry2

tterry2 Member

4. NielsM

NielsM Member

That is a problem. That's why most amps nowadays have FX loop. If you put in front of the amp, the more overdrive equals more muddyness of the delay.
    Although it is unconventional, I would try to put it before the overdrive. Or maybe 1 before the overdrive that is buffered but not active, and the one after is active. Maybe that'll help something? I dunno.

I use a Providence Chrono Delay in the front of my amp, but I think I don't push the overdrive as hard as you do, cause mine sounds great

5. NielsM

NielsM Member

I would like to know the solution to this as well, if I were to decide to use more gain and delay at the same time.

6. movingpictures

movingpictures Supporting Member

Delay after dirt usually works best. Are you sure the delays aren't seeing too much input from the od? The tf has a clip light and input gain switches on back. Try those

7. Rab1s

Rab1s Member

I'd try running it through the Effects loop on your amp if you have one. That's what I do with my nova and it sounds great weather I'm running clean, low, medium, or high gain.

8. NielsM

NielsM Member

It doesn't have one... That's the problem. Mine doesn't either so im pretty curious.

9. TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal Member

check the feedback of the delay..most of the time that will 'fix' things...the same thing happens to me...i will be playing clean and the delay is glorious, then i kick in some dirt and it is simply too much. i have an expression pedal assigned to the feedback to help me control things so it doesn't get crazy

10. NielsM

NielsM Member

So long feedbacks will not be possible when using more overdriven signal?

11. TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal Member

It will work but the signal is so overdriven/distorted that it becomes muddy and the amount of times you hear that you will lose any clarity left that they may be