Delay in effect loop saturates, what gives?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by albundy, Feb 28, 2015.

1. albundy

albundy Member

Hi everyone,

When I put my delay in the effect loop of my amp, the reproductions are distorted, in an unfashionable way, i.e. it's not a nice crunch.

My amp is a 65Amps Empire and the delay is a VisualSound Tap Delay, with an analog-through signal and digital processing simulating analog voicing.

As I'm writing this, I figure this may be caused by the digital part of the effect, but does anyone have knowledge about this?

Tanks for reading through this post, and thanks in advance to those who will share an explanation/idea about this phenomenon.

2. Footbutt

Footbutt Supporting Member

The FX loop signal going out to your pedal is too hot, most likely. When I ran my Strymon pedals through a BadCat, my tape delays were grimey vs. clearer just going into the main input.

3. DaveKS

DaveKS Member

Sounds like level (+4 ???) of loop is just to hot for the pedal. Some pedals just don't work there.

Sometimes devices like this can help.
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LLS2

I'd contact both amp and pedal maker and see what they've got to say on the situation.