Delay Pedal advice needed

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Qman87, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Qman87

Qman87 Member

I can't decide between the boss DD5, DD6, and DD20. I know the 20 has the most diversity in terms of options and can save certain settings so you can switch around while playing without having to adjust it manually. I kinda wanna start with the DD6 because it's not only cheaper but simpler as well. I've never been big into pedals and I figure why not start simple and upgrade later. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm by no means limited to boss pedals i've just heard the best stuff about them.

2. BmoreTele

BmoreTele Member

If you just want a simple delay to see how you like it, try the Ibanez DE7. I think it sounds better than the DD5 or DD6, is also cheaper, and gets some very warm analog sounds as well as up to 2.6 seconds of delay, and some cool oscillations if you wish.

3. chandlerjenkins

chandlerjenkins Member

i have the dd-5 and and the dd-20 and have messed around with the dd-6...the dd-20 is very easy to navigate and obviously does have more features...i think the dd-5 sounds incredible though...and you can have an external tap tempo instead of holding the pedal down like on the dd-6... if you can get the dd-5 id go with that...then just make your own tap tempo for about 3 dollars...any ?'s about how just pm me...you wouldnt even have to solder if you don't want to...

4. Qman87

Qman87 Member

chandlerjenkins what exactly is the difference between the 5 and 6? Is it just delay time and tap tempo?

5. thefacelessnate

thefacelessnate Member

I'm not chandlerjenkins, but I think thats the basic difference... I have the DD-6 and looking back I should have got a 5 and put in a tap tempo next to it. I also have the DD-20 and do like it, its actually pretty simple and does a great job.

6. NortheastHick

NortheastHick Supporting Member

I would just get the dd20... It costs a little more, but you will never need another delay pedal....save money in the long run..

7. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

DD6 tap tempo is a pain, I don't know why they made it so you have to hold down the pedal, then tap th tempo.

I have an analogman dd5 that I am looking to sell in the near future. It sounds a lot better than the regular dd5, and has two high cut modes.