• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Delay pedal in XTC 101B Loop?

gtrs

Silver Supporting Member
Is anyone using a good Analog Delay pedal in the FX loop of a Bogner XTC? I'm curious because my Analogman AR20DL is distorting due to the +4 signal.
Who's having good luck with there's and with what Delay?
Thanks!!!!!

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Just off the top of my head, you need to drop the input voltage by 4-14 dB, right?

1. High overhead clean boost, compressor or EQ. I'd try something like a Zvex SHO in the loop before the delay, set to cut volume slightly. A passive volume pedal would work.
2. Build a cable that's going to drop the voltage. Since most pedals have input impedance around 100 kOhms? you'd need say a 4-500 kOhm resistor in series with the hot lead (not much current, so it should be a smallish resistor, might even fit inside the 1/4" jack). Easy to build if you can solder...

Roodboy

Try a boss dd-20 or TC Nova. FWIW I'm not having problems with the m13 which is instrument level also.
I think the problem with lowering signal to instument level on the pedal input is that the loop still wants line level on the return.

gtrs

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks, guys. I'm not trying to lower the level of the Loop. I just want some good options for an Analog Delay pedal that can handle that signal level.
A Diamond Memory Lane was the first to come to my mind. I'm REALLY curious if anyone has used it at line level and/or with an XTC.

Trending Topics