• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Delay pedal recommendation

METAL

Looking for a good delay pedal. Will be playing with a Peavey 6505+ 112 combo with high gain. Primarily playing metal and melodic leads.. Heard the MXR Carbon Copy is a good choice, any other recommendations?

monty

Tons of great ones out there. If you are just looking for a set and forget delay, yeah the CC is awesome.

Hard to beat the Boss DD-7 as a good all rounder.

Really need more specific requirements though - there are essentially infinitely many good delay pedals.

analogsystem

You going to use the delay in the FX loop or out front? I've had a few issues with my carbon copy in the loop of one of my amps. It works fine in other loops though.

Boss DD-7 seems to be a winner in most FX loops. I really like the minifooger delay for a simple analog delay too. Seems to work well in the loops I've tried it in.

METAL

You going to use the delay in the FX loop or out front? I've had a few issues with my carbon copy in the loop of one of my amps. It works fine in other loops though.

Boss DD-7 seems to be a winner in most FX loops. I really like the minifooger delay for a simple analog delay too. Seems to work well in the loops I've tried it in.
I'll be using it in the loop for sure. It will probably sound pretty terrible if I put it in front of the amp with my usual high gain settings.

The Carbon Copy is a great, great pedal. There are lots of good, even great, delays out there. I'd say this much: I had a CC in 2008, and in the last 10 years I've owned, borrowed, and flipped countless boutique delays. The one I have now is the closest to the CC that I found, which is silly, because I could've just kept the CC in the first place and saved thousands of dollars.

The new Carbon Copy with Tap Tempo is all the delay anybody reasonably needs unless you're doing totally out there stuff with it. Get it. You'll be glad you did, it'll always sound good, and you'll never need another delay pedal.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom