Delay Pedal Recommendations

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ray1960, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Ray1960

Ray1960 Member

I'm trying to choose a delay pedal and I can't decide between the memory lane, t-rex replica or the HBE Minic. :confused: Maybe you use another one and are blown away by it so help me out. I play blues and jazz so looking for suggestions

Ray

2. Medication

Medication Member

byoc delay: simple, warm, compact
    blackbox quicksilver: everything and the kitchen sink, and it's only 9 volts.

3. Kezend

Kezend Member

the quicksilver is awesome, and small footprint too. there a few differences between it and the ML, and the echoczar, but if you want a small footprint and awesome sound its great.

4. erksin

erksin Member

What kind of delays/sounds are you looking for? If you want short delays with modulation, the Jacques Prisoner is a great pedal IMO.

5. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

When I was looking around for a delay I narrowed it down to the T-rex and the Diamond. I took the Diamond, I really like it cause' its got the modulation, and Im into that. The replica was nice too, I might add it onto my board one day, but, Im on the list for an echoczar and I dont think Ill be needing any other delay(s) after it arrives, eventhough I like to keep my options open. So Id say go with the Memory Lane, it really is a wicked pedal, and theyve also introduced an angelbaby type of 2nd pedal that is to be used with it.

6. lexluth1

lexluth1 Member

CMAtMOD deelay pedal!

7. johnnySRZ

johnnySRZ Member

If you're looking for warmth (maybe since you play jazz & blues) I'd say a Maxon AD900 or 999. I have a 900 and it's the only pedal I've ever had that I would NEVER even consider selling - and I've been thorugh too many to list...

I almost never turn it off. It really livens up my tone and plays well with anything I put into it (wizard wah ,boostier, keeley comp, blue collar, Keeley rat, red witch phaser, or all at the same time...). It's never sterile like some digital pieces can be and it has a little extra delay time than a Memory Man (which I still love..) or AD-9. It's like buttah...

8. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

I have a Maxon AD-80 (9v reissue) on my board and I love it. Super warm analog tone and small footprint - the downside is only 300 ms of delay time, but I never need more than that anyway so it works well for me.

9. trucks

trucks Member

As Erskin suggested, it is hard to be the Jacques for a versatile short delay. Warm analog tone, small footprint and modulation. Check out the clips on the website. They are accurate and just the tip of the iceberg.