• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Delay pedal that doesn't eat batteries?

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
What's the background on the battery requirement? Most delay pedals use a lot more juice than most other pedals.

Ronsonic

Delays simply require a lot of power. Nothing to be done about it at this point in our technological evolution.

RMC519

Gold Supporting Member
With all the inexpensive power supplies/daisy chains out there, why would anyone still use batteries?

thisfire

do digitals use less than analog?
Not necessarily, and sometimes they use far more. If you own ANY sort of delay pedal you owe it to yourself and the pedal to just get a one-spot or something like a Pedal Power 2+. Delay pedal + low battery = :jo

12StringStrat

In most cases digital will use a lot more than analog. A well designed analog pedal should not eat through batteries and should be able to get in the <15ma range for OD's, compressors, etc. and <30ma for modulation, and echo effects. The Mad Professor Delay does very well at 32ma (personally can't get past the noise it adds, but the repeats sit beautifully).

somedude

I've had the same battery in my Carbon Copy for months now. It doesn't get used alot, but I'm guessing it's had somewhere between 30 and 60 hours use on it so far.

somedude

What are these magical batteries you speak of?
Duracell Procell. I get them through work... not sure if they're available for public consumption. According to the datasheet, if a Carbon Copy draws ~10mA they should last ~50-60 hours, depending on how low a voltage the CC will operate on.

MXR lists the current draw at 26mA max... I'm guessing that's with both the modulation and delay running. I don't really use the modulation, so it's probably down around ~10mA-14mA with just the delay.

Trending Topics