Delay pedal w/ non-MIDI simultaneous external tap and expression control

DonaldDemon

Looking for a delay that has both external tap tempo input and expression pedal input jacks. Does that exist? Send like most have only one exp/control port.

To clarify, I'm not looking for a delay that has a tap tempo on the pedal itself as the only option but rather in conjunction with an exp pedal input.

Last edited:

DonaldDemon

Timeline or Polymoon?
They have a way to run an external tap tempo and an expression pedal at the same time? Doesn't look like it to me, unless I'm missing some deeper function.

You can adjust the secondary function 'vibe' knob to provide chorus-style modulation, you can also increase the delay-time of the modulation.
Ok cool, I guess I need to look more into this one, thanks.

empress superdelay has tap tempo built in, and expression that can be switched to control either mix or feedback.
Quite a few have that but it seems like only 2 (?) have what I am asking? The reason I want the tap tempo to be external is because the delay pedal will sit on the top row and is not as easily accessible. Having the tap temp and the expression pedal on the first row gives me the control I need for what I am looking to do.

RobertKeeley

Platinum Supporting Member
Looks cool but too bad it doesn’t have normal tape modulation like wow/flutter. I really hate flangers lol.
Howdy!
You can take out the flanging from the sound in the delays easily. Just reduce the Depth and all flanging is gone. (you're left with just simple tape style delay!) The tone control is a great place to make it sound like a worn out tape, or like the pre-amp in an echoplex, by turning the high-pass up.
You can also change the modulation to chorus modulation. Simply increase time delay of the modulation by increasing the Manual control. (Or you can make a pitch only modulation by turning down the Vibe control!!! ;-)
I often times turn off the modulation completely, it is just a delay at its core.
Flanging gets a bad rap, but I think it's really just bad flanger settings in flanger pedals that ruin the fun! ;-)
rk

DonaldDemon

Howdy!
You can take out the flanging from the sound in the delays easily. Just reduce the Depth and all flanging is gone. (you're left with just simple tape style delay!) The tone control is a great place to make it sound like a worn out tape, or like the pre-amp in an echoplex, by turning the high-pass up.
You can also change the modulation to chorus modulation. Simply increase time delay of the modulation by increasing the Manual control. (Or you can make a pitch only modulation by turning down the Vibe control!!! ;-)
I often times turn off the modulation completely, it is just a delay at its core.
Flanging gets a bad rap, but I think it's really just bad flanger settings in flanger pedals that ruin the fun! ;-)
rk
Cool, thanks for the explanation, Robert. I used to like flanging but I think I just got sick of that sound, had an old FL9 and few other vintage units for years. I'm more of a vibrato/wow fan for delay modulation. I'd like to check the Eccos out eventually, looks interesting. ;)

rhoydotp

Looking for a delay that has both external tap tempo input and expression pedal input jacks. Does that exist? Send like most have only one exp/control port.
Maybe a custom Diamond MLN1, if you can find one. It has an EXP in but I remember Diamond used to offer the ability to make the TAP tempo external as well.

yellowbaloon

Howdy!
rk
Robert, could you please go into a bit more depth on how the 'vibe' control works? Is it simply reducing the second delay which creates the flanging effect?

Trending Topics