Delay pedal with remote control switching feature (T-rex Replica?)

rabbit

I´m looking for a delay that can be footswitched remotely (from where I stand and play) so I can use it in the fx loop and do not need to tear long cables to the amp and back to the pedalboard.

A 19” mulit-fx unit with midi switcher comes to mind. But I thought a pedal would be more flexible, I could put it on a pedalboard if playing through an amp with no fx loop or just grab it together with an od for a jam session. So I am looking for a delay pedal that can be in any way switched on remotely.

What about the midi feature on the T-rex Replica?

The manual (a pdf they have on their website) reads the midi function allows you to control Tap/Tempo and On/Off. But how does that work and how do you like it? I again have been stunned by the quality of the T-rex – it´s so damn good. I´m really caught in the trap since it´s the only one I really like up to date but it´s too expensive.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

rabbit

Thanks vinni, hipfan and Paul!

What do you think about this? Lehle D-Loop-Midi in the fx loop, with a delay pedal in one of the loops and controlled by a Midi switch. D-Loop-Midi + midi board + delay unit would be about the same total amount as the T-rex if not even more, but with the option to put other time based effects in the remaining loop.
Disadvantage: Separate power supply and a rack drawer are needed.

@Paul: Great stuff you have there, although I think this is your old board, right? Is the D-Loop on your board (shown on the T-rex hp) the midi version? And concerning the T-rex: Am I right to assume, that you, using the midi feature, dial in your setting, then press the store button and you have it stored on one of your midi channels? I´m sorry, I just don´t have a clue about midi.

Or is it just like this?:
Does it not matter, concerning signal loss, to tear long cables between the fx loop and the pedalboard cause the signal from the preamp is strong enough that you won´t notice any signal loss?

rabbit

Originally posted by hipfan
Boss DD20 will do that, I believe.
Yes, it will. But man, this thing is hard to find!!! Most shops here just carry the Boss single pedal line of effects. Of course I would like to check one out before buying.

Any thoughts on the Lehle midi looper idea?

(Sorry for coming up with this old thread again but … no delay yet)

Moe45673

The only reason I regret buying my dd-20 is that now I spend more time playing with that thing then I do working on my technique!

It can be turned on and off remotely

rabbit

Originally posted by Moe45673
The only reason I regret buying my dd-20 is that now I spend more time playing with that thing then I do working on my technique!

It can be turned on and off remotely
Yeah, that´s a general problem with including effects. At some point you tend to play and experiment with them a lot and tend to listen more to the effects in your sound than to your tone IMHO. That´s why I would rather like a simple delay (up to the specs of the DD20) instead of a muliteffects unit.
Effects should serve but not dominate your tone, I think.

vinni

Originally posted by rabbit
Thanks vinni, hipfan and Paul!

What do you think about this? Lehle D-Loop-Midi in the fx loop, with a delay pedal in one of the loops and controlled by a Midi switch. D-Loop-Midi + midi board + delay unit would be about the same total amount as the T-rex if not even more, but with the option to put other time based effects in the remaining loop.
Disadvantage: Separate power supply and a rack drawer are needed.

@Paul: Great stuff you have there, although I think this is your old board, right? Is the D-Loop on your board (shown on the T-rex hp) the midi version? And concerning the T-rex: Am I right to assume, that you, using the midi feature, dial in your setting, then press the store button and you have it stored on one of your midi channels? I´m sorry, I just don´t have a clue about midi.

Or is it just like this?:
Does it not matter, concerning signal loss, to tear long cables between the fx loop and the pedalboard cause the signal from the preamp is strong enough that you won´t notice any signal loss?
This will work for sure....but....
You cannot control the speed!

And I used long cables (30ft) send/return to rhe FX-loop.
I had no problems doing so.

Vinni

Trending Topics