Delay Professors- time to shine!

Will Nova

Hello All!! I'm looking for a list of all analog and digital delays that offer spillover...Meaning; when I turn off the delay, the trails fade out vs an instant cut off. Please let me know!! This feature is very important to me. Thank you!! Jb

Waylander

Strymon Timeline's persist function:

Turns on delay persist "trails" which will spill over when the effect is bypassed. Use this if
it is desired for delay repeats to continue after the effect has been bypassed. Note that if
persist is set to ON, the bypass mode will automatically be analog bypass

Will Nova

My DD-5 does...The TC Nova I had did...
The Analogman ARDX I had did NOT, although Mike said he could mod it for me...

Does anyone know if the JHS Panther or Cub do??

Does the Memory Man w all the subdivisions??

The list is going to be really long (I mean a real list...I'm just listing a few off the top). May I suggest the search function?

Any Strymon (El Capistan, Brigadier, DIG, Timeline)
Eventide Timefactor
Way Huge Supa-Puss
Boss DD-500 (probably every Boss DD after the DD-5 I'm guessing)
Pigtronix Echolution 2 (all versions)
Source Audio Nemesis
Free the Tone Flight Time
Subdecay Echobox (old version, it's switchable)

Anything that only has true bypass will not have it. (many let you choose...true bypass will let you have spillover between presets, but not between engaged and bypass)

Last edited:

Mejis

Silver Supporting Member
The best one I've found is the Line 6 Echo Park; you can set the trails to run pretty much infinite without oscillation and feedback, and you can play over them with the pedal bypassed.

It's noisy though so I have a bit of a love/hate thing with it.

Lewguitar

Hello All!! I'm looking for a list of all analog and digital delays that offer spillover...Meaning; when I turn off the delay, the trails fade out vs an instant cut off. Please let me know!! This feature is very important to me. Thank you!! Jb
The Korg SDD3000 will trail off like you want. Also has tap tempo which you might want too.

Also sounds fabulous if you're into U2 type sounds.

The Korg SDD3000 will trail off like you want. Also has tap tempo which you might want too.

Also sounds fabulous if you're into U2 type sounds.
I love the SDD but I wouldn't recommend it with regard to spillover because of the volume drop issues associated with the SDD mode and the analog preamp.

Lewguitar

I love the SDD but I wouldn't recommend it with regard to spillover because of the volume drop issues associated with the SDD mode and the analog preamp.
It's not the issue the internet experts would have us believe.

And it's a non issue for me since all I use is the SDD3000 mode...the only mode I bought it for.

It's certainly a non-issue for the Edge and Daniel Lenois.

It's not the issue the internet experts would have us believe.

And it's a non issue for me since all I use is the SDD3000 mode...the only mode I bought it for.

It's certainly a non-issue for the Edge and Daniel Lenois.
Well, it's an issue for me. ;) Honestly I believe it is a liability and would inconvenience many players. I haven't used mine in about a month but if I recall correctly, you lose volume in the SDD mode no matter what, which you can make up for with the pre-amp. If the pedal is set to true bypass, you can match engaged volume to bypass volume, but you lose trails. If you set it to buffered bypass, you have the preamp on all the time and your bypass is louder than the engaged tone. So there's not really a great solution in my eyes.

As for Edge and Lanois, they have those pedals (however many they use) integrated into a huge MIDI system that's got it's own bypass options and may not need to rely on the pedal's bypass capability.

Lewguitar

Well, it's an issue for me. ;) Honestly I believe it is a liability and would inconvenience many players. I haven't used mine in about a month but if I recall correctly, you lose volume in the SDD mode no matter what, which you can make up for with the pre-amp. If the pedal is set to true bypass, you can match engaged volume to bypass volume, but you lose trails. If you set it to buffered bypass, you have the preamp on all the time and your bypass is louder than the engaged tone. So there's not really a great solution in my eyes.

As for Edge and Lanois, they have those pedals (however many they use) integrated into a huge MIDI system that's got it's own bypass options and may not need to rely on the pedal's bypass capability.
Honestly: it's just never been a problem for me. But again, all I use is the mode that I bought the pedal for: the SDD3000 mode.

I have the SDD3000 and it sounds killer, but the volume drop is annoying indeed. I only use it in the SDD3000 mode, couldn't care less about the other 'options'. It's that amazing preamp that you want, so a volume drop is a given. A line driver and a loop switcher would probably fix that. @Lewguitar, do you ever bypass the delay, or do you always have either setting a or b active at all times?

Trending Topics