Delay question-What to do?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by acd1687, Apr 25, 2015.

1. acd1687

acd1687 Member

Right now I have a TC Nova Delay but love the sound of analog delays. I'm thinking of doing a couple of things. What do you think?

Nova Delay + Mxr Carbon Copy
    Boss DD7 + Mxr Carbon Copy
    Diamond Counterpoint (on it's own)

2. Nota

Nota Member

The Carbon Copy is ubiquitous for a reason. Wonderful pedal. I've tried to hate it so many times, replacing it with other delays with more features, but keep coming back.

I've also paired it with other delays, but I didn't need two delays, it's overkill and the CC will muddy things up anyway (which is its strength).

I'll be trying out the Obscura when it comes out, but I don't think anything will ever replace the CC!

3. earwax

earwax Member

I would go TC nova + Diamond memory lane jr/counterpoint/or quantum leap(depending on how dark you want the repeats QL being the darkest).

4. Serenity

Serenity Member

Boss + MXR. Hard to go wrong with those two.

5. jmiller475

jmiller475 Member

How bout an Aqua Puss and Boss???

6. jordane93

jordane93 Member

Carbon Copy for sure. I don't have a Nova Delay but I have a Nova Repeater that I use with a CC. The two sound great together.

7. R.C.Moran

R.C.Moran Silver Supporting Member

Does the Nova Delay not get a good enough analog sound for you? Not dark enough? The Carbon Copy is definitely great, but you may be able to tweak the nova to get that sound.

8. Resonate01

Resonate01 Member

I was in a similar situation last year. I had a Nova Delay and paired it with a Memory lane Jr for similar reasons. The Nova was promptly sold a few days later.

MLjr is hands down my favourite delay ever, but this isn't an analog pedal by any stretch. The Counterpoint's Vintage setting is probably the closest thing to analog.

9. acd1687

acd1687 Member

Thanks for the input guys. It really sounds like people love the Carbon Copy.
    I think I'll probably end up with the MLJr or Counterpoint (with the Nova if I can make it happen without selling it).
    Thanks again.

Of course I'll probably end up buying a Carbon Copy in a couple of months also. Otherwise I probably wouldn't belong on this site. :)

10. jordane93

jordane93 Member

You will definitely buy both.

11. 71strat

71strat Member

For simplicity I like to use the Moog Minifooger Delay and a Kyle Chase EP3 Echoplex preamp. I never run 2 delays together

I also have the Moog MF104M Super Delay and use both with the EP3 Preamp. But not at the same time.

Its actually 2 preamps in 1. An early 70's x late 70s and uses NOS parts.

This is an exact copy of the EP3. It also acts as a slight boost and gives you the feel/attack of the Echoplex.

www.chasetone.com secret preamp.