• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Delay/Reverb Bigtime Problems...help me please..

Reyybarra

Silver Supporting Member
Ok So I have revamped my board lately and basically what's going on is...

everything sounds very DARK like unusually dark...
when i hit the delay or reverb pedals its like getting slammed in the face with a treble booster. everything becomes shrill and horrible.

my signal chains is as follows...

ROUTER-->
Clyde Wah -->
Choral Flange-->
Strobo stomp-->
katana-->
Eternity-->
OCD-->
Menatone-->
Goodrich (i'm thinking this is the problem)
Reverberator-->
memory lane-->
RotoSim-->
Line 6-->
A--> a/b box --> out box splitter
B--> outbox splitter

So like I said everything is different sounding all together and then when i hit reverb/delays everything goes to hell....
thanks so much for everyones help!

voidmain

Looks like one of your pedals' bypass causes major tone suck...

Was it like this before you revamped you board? And have you tried taking it apart and setting everything up one by one?

It may also be your cables. :D

andersdc

Try putting a buffer right behind the volume pedal. I guess the pedals after it are true bypass, and the signal coming from the volume pedal is not that durable against long cable runs, which is perceived as a treble roll off.

Last edited:

Reyybarra

Silver Supporting Member
I am running the Katana as a buffer running it pretty hot too about 5.5-6
i have noticed that the volume on the katana is not doing much only adding saturation since its before the od pedals its really not making that much of a volume difference

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
hate to say it with such a big board, but you might have to go down the chain. take your delay pedal, plug in guitar on one side, amp on other. sound good? now add the first pedal in your chain. keep going until you hit suck - that's your prob.

RussB

low rent hobbyist
Don't discount a bad cable.

I went through a similar experience recently and was blaming pedals left and right. It turned out to a be a bad patch cable. Do not overlook the small stuff

Reyybarra

Silver Supporting Member
hey Hank! thanks yall for all the help, i'm in the process of singling stuff
here's what i've found

my board is separated by the volume pedal
volume pedal isn't doing anything to my sound its and delay side sounds fine

i took out the volume pedal and just put in a something to bridge the gap and the same thing is happening so i thought it was volume pedal but its not
but same thing is happening with all od's they are dark to begin with and then when i turn on a delay or verb they brighten up i'm gonna check chords on od's next
this suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

thanks again for all the help!

Rey

Andre357

How does it sound if you turn the KAtana off ( I think your saying it;s always on ?? )

That may be weirding things out.

Reyybarra

Silver Supporting Member
Andre, I think you are seriously right on
the katana was pushing so hard i believe it was causing the weirdness
i'm still experimenting but think i found a happy medium

thanks yall! i really appreciate all the help!

REy

Trending Topics