Delay/Reverb Question Madness...help...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by raul, Apr 29, 2008.

1. raul

raul Member

i'm about to step into the world of Reverb and Delay units! yeah! new project calls for some Reverb/Delay fun.

so far, i know that i will go with the Line6 Verbzilla for my reverb. that's one nice reverb pedal. lot's a of great tones in it. kinda like magic?

as far as delays go, i'm thinking that maybe an analog and digital would be cool. as far as analog delay, i'm gonna go for the MXR Carbon Copy. the sound clips are amazing and the price is something i can work with. i love what i've heard from it so far...

now, as far as digital delay, i figure a Boss DD 20 or Eventide Timefactor would be good. the Boss DD 20 may be better for my budget though, and the sounds i've heard from them are really nice.

i'm not quite sure about the EH Deluxe Memory Man's though...i mean, i've heard them alot, never played one though...i've seen them used live and heard many recordings with them...but, is there a big difference in sound in them as far as the older ones and the newer ones go?

i'm just wondering which setup would be better...

1. Line6 Verbzilla, MXR Carbon Copy and Boss DD20
    or
    2. Line6 Verbzilla, MXR Carbon Copy and EH Deluxe Memory Man.

i'm looking for big warm lush sounds, reverse, repeats...as well as outer space noise...

2. Hart Bypass

Hart Bypass Member

The MXR carbon copy is okay, but the Boss DD-20 is awesome! You can add a tap tempo pedal and it's even cooler! It's also nice to have programmed settings there for on the fly changes. The MXR doesn't offer that. I have an extra DD-20 with a new tap tempo pedal I built that I'm going to be selling soon. It's an extra, as I have two. PM if you are interested. It'll come with the box, manual, tap tempo pedal, etc. It's mint.

3. raul

raul Member

thanks, i'll keep that in mind.
    still looking for suggestions...anyone alse?

4. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

You Owe it to Yourself To Play a Memory Man.

5. Uma Floresta

Uma Floresta Senior Member

I'd go Verbzilla, DMM & DD-20

6. leumasjames

leumasjames Member

If you can, try a DMM. It is a beautiful analog delay and has modulation. I would also suggest a maxon AD-900 or 999 for analog if you have the cash. The 900 is my favorite straight up analog delay to date.

I have a Line 6 DL-4 that I like a lot. I would consider that as well. It is comparable to the Boss DD20 as far as different delays/modeling. There are issues however with reliability. I haven't had any problems with mine yet, but I've heard many stories...

7. jac37656

jac37656 Member

I think the Empress Superdelay is a good starter model.

8. earthmud

earthmud Supporting Member

Save yourself some hassle and get a mad professor deep blue delay. It's digital but sounds analog. I owned a DD3 and a DMM and the DBD kills'em both hands down.

9. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

Lots of ways you can go with delays and reverbs. I'm doing this setup:

Diamond Memory Lane ---> Boss DD-20 ---> EH Holy Grail

I've been through a bunch of pedals and still try to replace the players I have lined up.

10. blood5150

blood5150 Member

2. Line6 Verbzilla, MXR Carbon Copy and EH Deluxe Memory Man.

11. raul

raul Member

O.K. i think i'm gonna try out the EH Deluxe Memory Man. is this the one to get? there are a few different ones. The new ones and the really old ones.
    Are the new ones the ones being discussed here? Are they good/worth it? i've heard the sound clips and seen vids on youtube...they seem like a really nice pedal.
    when people talk about the Memory Man, is it the old one, or are the new ones just as cool?

now i'm thinking...Verbzilla, EH Deluxe MM, Boss DD20...
    yes?

12. Dandy13

Dandy13 Member

DD20 is the only one on your list that offers reverse as per your requirements, so whatever you decide should include that one.

13. raul

raul Member

the DD 20 is a for sure thing. now i'm interested in the EH Deluxe MM for anaolg delay. should i try out a new one?

14. voetsek

voetsek Member

If you were thinking about the carbon copy then DMM, i love my DMM, and its a new one, but for your other delay you might want to consider the RE-20, great for ambient music...