Delay Settings for a Song

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by lespaulist, Feb 9, 2015.

1. lespaulist

lespaulist Member

2. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

definitely a .8th setting, which can be hard to get without tap tempo. Also might be 2 delays stacked together

3. lespaulist

lespaulist Member

Thanks for the reply. I will give the .8th setting a shot. I need to get as close as possible with 1 delay.

4. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

i'd also say have the mix high and only 2-3 repeats, then tweak the time knob until you find the right setting

also completely unrelated side-note, but i went to college with one of the girls in the music video- was quite surprised to click that link and see her in it, haha

5. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

There is one trick I like to do with these types of The Edge timed rhythms which is to have only 1 good repeat (maybe a 2nd weaker one) and use the PreDelay of a Reverb also timed so that it seems to be applied to the delayed note instead of the original (the proper way to do this would be to run only the wet delayed signal into a reverb, but my way fakes it and works with how my live pedal board is routed). Keeps the original guitar clear and distinct with a lot of tweak-able atmosphere on the delay.