Delay - single enclosure with 2 settings

musicbliss

Supporting Member
Hey all - just seeing if anyone knows of a great sounding delay where there is an easy two settings that are quickly accessed. I know the strymon brig/el cap have the favorite setting but wondering if there is something in a smaller enclosure.

it seems like some others have that function but you have to scroll through multiple presets to get back. That’s awesome but I find in a live setting - just having an easy switch between 2 is really helpful.
Thanks!

dhdfoster

Silver Supporting Member
Reading the OP again, I realize that most of the ones we are suggesting aren’t smaller than the Strymons, or they require scrolling.

I’m not aware of a small-ish Delay with presets that doesn’t require scrolling.

Last edited:

jamester

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah for the million delay pedals out there, true simple dual delays are surprisingly rare.

Another cool option is to get two mini delays, that way one can even mix it up between an analog and digital, or two different flavors. I do this on small boards with my Ibanez Analog Mini and Mr. Black Echo-Delay. The mini Carbon Copy is cool, too...

musicbliss

Supporting Member
Reading the OP again, I realize that most of the ones we are suggesting aren’t smaller than the Strymons, or they require scrolling.

I’m not aware of a small-ish Delay with presets that doesn’t require scrolling.
thanks for reading the op :) still some good ideas for delays in general.

cosmic_ape

Supporting Member
Chase Bliss Tonal Recall and Thermae both have a toggle to switch from two presets (left, right) and Live mode (center).

Tootone

Alexander Quadrant

Has 4 scrolling presets accessed by holding down bypass footswitch.

What you do is

Delay Setting 1 - Save to Preset 1 and 3
Delay Setting 2 - Save to Preset 2 and 4

That way, you are only ever 1 footswitch press from the Other setting.

btw... The Alexander Quadrant is an exceptionally powerful and great sounding Delay... Digital, LoFi, Tape and Analogue.

dhdfoster

Silver Supporting Member
^^

That Cosmonaut is very clever. I’d love to see a less “other worldly” version with a spring reverb and a clear, bright “new” tape delay.