• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Delay Suggestions

METAL

Currently using a regular Carbon Copy. I'm really not an FX guy to begin with, so I don't need anything too complicated. My biggest issue with the CC is that there's no tap tempo, and I would like a bit more variety. So I'm thinking of going with a digital delay.

I was considering a TC Electronic Flashback 2, but the regular one doesn't have a dedicated tap tempo switch, and the x4 is way too big for my board.

Any suggestions? Requirements is it must have a dedicated tap tempo, can't be too large (preferably the size of 2 regular sized pedals), and has a good amount of options but isn't complicated to use. I don't want to spend more than $250 USD.

Last edited:

METAL

It's really hard to make a delay that sounds better than a Diamond Memory Lane Jr. It checks all your boxes.
Thanks. I'll consider it, but I'm thinking it may be better to go with a digital delay. So I can do a bit more customization if need be.

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
For a relatively simple digital delay that is easy to use, has tap tempo, and just sounds great, yeah, it's really hard to be a the Memory Lane Jr.

TedJames

Take a look at the Alexander Pedals @DisasterArea Radical Delay. You can dial in standard digital repeats, even dial in a little modulation or turn down the clock for some murk and lo fi. And IF you do ever feel like becoming an FX guy you’ve got the “Bend” (great for adding an octave down, bass tone) or “ARP” or “Reverse” (can do reverse on own or blend it with regular tone) or “Dyna” (personally I’m too much of a luddite to figure that one out).

They make the Quadrant as well - but for the same amount of money you might as well pick up a little weirdness to keep in your back pocket. Never know when that’s going to be what the party calls for.

Any double switch T-Rex delay, really. They have all the headroom and warmth you could want. Digital engine (that doesn't sound digital) with analogue filtering.

Swijak

Boss DD-20. Presets, Tap tempo, great tape and analog sounds. Modulated delay is really good. You can even set up a pseudo chorus and vibrato. You can find them for <$150.

Search for "Leon Todd DD-20" on youtube. He has some really good videos on the DD-20.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom