• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Delay that isn't noisy?

Michael Hunter

Gold Supporting Member
I've just started to add delay to my board, and I'm struggling to find one that doesn't add noise to my setup. I actually quite like the Boss DD-7 I recently got in a trade, but the noise floor (even when the pedal is disengaged) is just too high. I've also got a Tech 21 Boost DLA that is a little less hissy, but I don't care for the quality of the repeats quite as much, and I've previously owned a TC Flashback that I didn't care for at all. (I'm powering everything on my modest board with a PP2+, so it's not a question of a suspect power supply.) I'd prefer something with a nice buffered output, as everything else on my board is currently true bypass and I'd rather not add a dedicated buffer pedal to my small board. I'm open to suggestions!

Michael Hunter

Gold Supporting Member
Budget? Size limitations? Analog/digital?
Analog vs. digital isn't too much of a concern, other than I like the longer delay times that digital more readily allows. Don't want anything too much larger than one of the Boss dual-footswitch pedals. Price - I'd say $250 is about my ceiling. Always willing to go used too.

Michael Hunter

Gold Supporting Member
Interesting. Just a thought, my DD7 is silent
That's what's so frustrating! I know I'm being somewhat picky, since the noise floor isn't something that's overly noticeable when I'm in an ensemble. It bugs the hell out of me when playing solo, however.

JerEvil

Silver Supporting Member
Lots of good options in your price range. My Servus Yodelmaster is really quiet and sound beautiful.

the Empress Tape Delay looks great as well. I have had 2 Empress pedals and bother were very quiet through my loop.

Last edited:

Trending Topics