Delay with Digital BPM

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by the tourist, Mar 6, 2015.

1. the tourist

the tourist Member

So right now I'm running a Diamond MLJr and a JHS Panther Cub. Both of them have a tap input and I've got a Tapestry Audio Time Traveler (and have heard of the functionality of the Smartclock and Quartz).

As it is right now, I'm looking to downsize my board a bit (size and power) while being able to control at least one delay's BPM with a digital readout. I'd also like tap subdivisions that do not alter the displayed BPM (when I watched a Providence Chrono video, it altered the BPM times when tap divisions were selected). I want to just change the tempo before a song, select a tap subdivision, and go.

I know the Boss DD20 does this but another guitarist in a previous band of mine had one and I used it a few times and didn't care for it. I know the TC Nova Delay does this, but I don't like what happens when you accidentally touch a knob, plus I felt it really colored my tone. I know that the TimeFactor does this, but its power requirements are hefty. I know the Timeline does this, but I had one and didn't like how it altered my direct tone when the pedal was engaged. Others that I know have the display are the Chrono and the Flight Time. The Flight Time I don't know much about except that it looks like the user interface is very limiting for on-the-fly changes. I believe the same is true about an H9.

So therefore, is there anything else out there that I could use to consolidate 3 pedalboard spaces down to 2 (one of my current delays and one with a digital screen for BPM)? Something simply but with a digital readout for BPM in a small footprint?

2. Shadow Puppets

Shadow Puppets Member

Free The Tone Flight Time?

3. warren3333

warren3333 Gold Supporting Member

The winner and THE best delay out there to boot...

4. Holzar88

Holzar88 Silver Supporting Member

Slightly less and expensive but still a very nice digital delay: Providence Chrono.

5. the tourist

the tourist Member

I mentioned that. I have watched a bunch of demos and get the impression that the BPM changes on the readout when you change the tap subdivision. Also, the lack of knobs makes it more difficult to mess around with settings when writing new material. It didn't seem really easy to tweak without the knobs. So that just really seems like an almost-but-not-quite.

6. the tourist

the tourist Member

BPM changes when you change subdivision to what it's actually playing instead of what the BPM is with an indicator of the subdivision. I also mentioned that in my initial post.

7. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

8. the tourist

the tourist Member

I mentioned I don't really want that because of the power consumption. It's also big so it wouldn't save me any space really.

9. Holzar88

Holzar88 Silver Supporting Member

Once again I should read better. My bad.

10. gibs5000

gibs5000 Member

Pretty sure that You've named every delay with a BPM readout, so from my perspective, your kinda screwed till someone else comes out with BPM delay. Unless you make some compromises with the ones listed.