• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

delay with pitch shifting?

Moderato

do you know if theres a delay (or reverb) pedal that adds pitch shifting to the delayed signal?
thanks!

Ugly Bunny

H9 has algos that can do it. The Moog MF104M has a mod section that can shift the pitch fairly significantly, though you can't choose, say, a third above the original note. Pretty sure the DD500 has the option as well. But the H9 is definitely the most user friendly of all that I'm aware of.

hendrik7

Eventide is probably the king of it.

There are definitely more pedals that do it now though, like Nemesis and probably Strymon(?).

ogguitar

Strymon Timeline does it in the Ice mode
Count to 5 does it too

Boss GT8 has it under the Pitch Shifter settings

rkeaton

Silver Supporting Member
JHS Panther Cub has an FX loop that would allow a pitch shift pedal to affect only the repeats

DøøG

Pigtronix Echolution 2 does the pitch shift delay as well. There's quite a few out there now. Nemesis does the Ice thing and a regular pitch shifted delay.

Gibs210

Nemesis delay has a few different pitch shifting engines (shifted, compound shifted, helix, double helix).

broken_sound

Silver Supporting Member
If you want to go the cheap route, buy yourself a cheap analog delay and play with the chip(s) trim pots.

+1 for nemesis and pigtronix. Up in price from there is DD 500, Strymon and Eventide. Those three are overkill if all you want is a pitch shifting delay, but they'll all do that and pretty much anything else delay-wise.

downburst82

Digitech Timebender is my go to for pitchshifting delays (and I have a pitchfactor on my board as well), also the zoom ms70cdr does some pitch delay stuff.

Last edited:

Spacehead_

Bit of a stretch, but the PS-3 mode 7 is kind of like a reverse delay with pitch shifting. Otherwise it can do either delay or pitch shifting separately. Fun little box though :aok

p.j.

Red Panda Particle and the Catalinbread Bicycle. The Bicycle does rhythmic-pitche- repeats that are really cool. The Particle is basically a gateway to a parallel universe. :)

boogiejem

Gold Supporting Member
Strymon and Nemesis both do a good job of creating really musical combinations of delay and pitch shift. I have an H9 that can do it too but I have struggled to dial it in to produce something as musical as the other two - though it does do weird/special effects ok.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom