• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Delay with Vibrato Modulation?

ry-guy

Is the DMM(and like clones) the only delay pedal with vibrato modulation? I tried a search here and a google search but came up with nothing but the Memory man. I have a Timeline but, correct me if im wrong, the modulation seems to be just a chorus type on the machines.

Any thoughts? (apart from adding vibrato to the loop).

The vibrato switch on the DMM just adjust the speed of the modulation.

Any delay with a rate control for the modulation will work. Timeline including

Cgkindler

There's alaways a Timeline with the effects loop. I recently played around with mine and it's SO cool to hear the weirdness that can come from it!!

Trem, vibrato, chorus, flanger, auto wah, you name it - it makes it sound trippy as all get out!

that's a SWEET pedal posted above too though!

There's alaways a Timeline with the effects loop. I recently played around with mine and it's SO cool to hear the weirdness that can come from it!!

Trem, vibrato, chorus, flanger, auto wah, you name it - it makes it sound trippy as all get out!

that's a SWEET pedal posted above too though!
But that's most of the effects on the timeline. All thoses modes just put effects on the delay loop. Trem, chorus, vibrato, auto wah. Already on the timeline.

There is no phaser on the timeline

Cgkindler

Sorry, I meant those are what I was putting through it. :)

Not what was already on there (there's a great trem machine, filter, lo-fi, ice, ect)

jsytsma

Glaring omission (and on the cheap, too!)

TC Nova Repeater. Vibrato or chorus modulation!

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
Timefactor / H9 has some algorithms that have modulation.

smitty.west

noob question:

how difficult would it be to add a completely independent vibrato circuit to a simple (read: without modulation) delay pedal? aside from a rehouse into a larger enclosure, is it possible? in other words, i want to add modulation to one of my favourite three-knob-- time, feedback and mix-- delays.

dk_ace

As 9520575 pointed out, the dmm vibrato mode isn't really vibrato at all, it's just a faster chorus. Most delays with a rate control can achieve that, but the lfo waveform of the dmm is unique so not just any modulated delay can sound just like the modulation of the dmm.

D

minty901

TC Electronic Alter Ego V2 has vibrato on the EREC 2 setting and it's awesome. You can also customise your own toneprint, setting the tone of the delay, and the vibrato's depth, mix, speed, tone and feedback.

I set mine so that when I put delay time down to 0, it gives me pure vibrato with no delay. Two in one.

I believe 'real' delay modulation is not a chorus or vibrato added to the echo repeats, but is actually an oscillator that subtly modulates the delay time of the delay. So the pitch modulation you hear is the same pitch modulation that you would hear if you manually changed the delay time knob.

The DMM chorus/vibrato switch just changes the speed of that osicillator, and the chorus/vibrato knob controls the depth.

As I understand it, this is why the DMM modulation sounds so fantastic, compared to for instance the TC Nova delay, which has modulation that sounds like a tacked on 'chorus' effect.

I believe 'real' delay modulation is not a chorus or vibrato added to the echo repeats, but is actually an oscillator that subtly modulates the delay time of the delay. So the pitch modulation you hear is the same pitch modulation that you would hear if you manually changed the delay time knob.

The DMM chorus/vibrato switch just changes the speed of that osicillator, and the chorus/vibrato knob controls the depth.
You're correct. Except it is "real" chorus. Thats exactly how vibrato chorus and flanger pedals work. They are just delay pedals with modulation

jsytsma

noob question:

how difficult would it be to add a completely independent vibrato circuit to a simple (read: without modulation) delay pedal? aside from a rehouse into a larger enclosure, is it possible? in other words, i want to add modulation to one of my favourite three-knob-- time, feedback and mix-- delays.
It wouldn't be a small solution, but something with an fx out like a Deluxe Memory Boy paired with a vibrato pedal??

noob question:

You'd have to build an LFO, and have it control the knob. You could use an octocoupler, it'd be kinda like adding expression control. Except you'd need various LFOs. I have a goatkeeper and a moog 104m. So i can apply modulation to any of the knobs. Modulated feedback is pretty neat.

Godspeed64

Glaring omission (and on the cheap, too!)

TC Nova Repeater. Vibrato or chorus modulation!
Most definitely. Part of the reason this pedal has been irreplaceable for me in the past 4 years at least. Vibrato mode in stereo is amongst some of the most ridiculous sounds I've heard.

71strat

The Roger Mayer VoodooVibe+ and the Moog MF104M is a killer combination. The VV+ has the best Vibrato/Chorus/Tremolo Ive heard. Its a Toss up between the Moog Tremolo Section on the MF108M Clusteflux and the VV+. My Moog Moogerfooger Ring Modulator also has a very powerful Tremolo. MF104M has more Functions and Delay than Ill ever need.

I traded EVEN, for a New Moog MF104M, and a New Mayer VV+ for my Moog MF104M Super Delay from a guy here on the forum.

We BOTH think we got the better deal.

Trending Topics