Delay?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by awalker, Jul 19, 2008.

1. awalker

awalker Member

Hey Everyone,

I currently am running a Line 6 Echo Pro with a GCX Switching system. It's great, but I'm tired of lugging around the rack. I want to go back to pedals, but I use a lot of delay settings. I've looked at the Eventide Timefactor, the Damage Control, and the TC Nova. Haven't tried them. Would I be a fool to get rid of the Echo Pro and go with either of these pedals...which sound best or are there any better ones out there?

2. Sniper-V

Sniper-V Member

The Timefactor would probably be my choice in your position to get a rack quality delay unit on the floor. If you are a huge delay junkie (like me) you may find your self with multiple delay units. Its not crazy for me to have 3 different delay units on a board and actually, I'm probably going to run these 3 right now:

• Diamond Memory Lane 1 or 2 - I have both and they rock!
    • Boss DD-20 - Great delay and has beaten a lot of new generation multi delay units.
    • Eventide Timefactor - For the rack sounding stuff.

Another one that I really want to try is the Empress Super Delay.

3. awalker

awalker Member

hey thanks for the feedback, helps a lot!

4. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

5. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

Definitely go with the Timefactor.

6. awalker

awalker Member

Does the timefactor beat out the echo pro, versatility and tone wise?

7. Franktone

Franktone Member

The Damage Control Timeline has a great sound, can be programmed, has a lot of different sound possiblilties, and has two tubes.

8. frizbplaya

frizbplaya Member

If you want the same sounds as the echo pro get a DL4. Differences are: 3 presets instead of 99, can't set delay by MS or BPM, rhythmic subdivisions are only on the "rhythm" setting instead of on all delays and there are no dotted eighth note rhythms.

My other vote is the Time Factor - which I'm replacing my DL4 with. It sounds more digitial than the line6s but there are way more options, 40 presets, etc.

Why style of delays are you playing, which mods on the echo pro do you use most?

9. awalker

awalker Member

Hey Thanks,

I use mostly the digital delay settings with dotted 8th setting. But I also use the tape setting as well. Looks like the timefactor would be a good way to go.

10. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

YES.

Sound can definitely go from "more pedal like" than a line 6 (on the DMM, DM2, Tape echo sounds), to "more rack like" on the digital models.

Presets and changes are very easy to get used to. I have never had other programmable pedals in my rig, but the timefactor fits just fine. Its very easy to use and outrageously versatile. The sounds are out of this world too.

11. frizbplaya

frizbplaya Member

I would definately recommend the TF then. I think the line6 "lo-res" beats out the "vintage" on the TF but "tape" was better on the TF than line6. The digital delay on the TF is more pronounced than the line6 - meaning there is almost an artificial (short) pause between delays. It sounds more digtial but I have a feeling it will cut through a mix much better... sound more like the TC 2290. dotted 8th will be a sinch and since it has two delays you can put one on 1/4 notes and one on dotted 8ths if you want to sound even more like the edge. You can tap tempo or dial in MS or BPM like the echo pro. Convinced?!

12. awalker

awalker Member

Convinced guys..thanks!

13. Skoczylas

Skoczylas Member

I wasn't going to sign in, but I had to.. Great choice on choosing the Timefactor ;) I have mine on order and awaiting it's arrival. Beats the TC Elec. Nova, and all the Boss delays I've played. You'll be thrilled once you play it. I lvoe delay, just how I roll